Re: Hi from devon

#11 Post by Les »

Hi Adam .... welcome to FBUK! :good:
Adamdavi3s
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers

#12 Post by Adamdavi3s »

RobB wrote:Thanks Adam,

I have popped along and shot a couple of times while down in the area with my smallbore rifle. I was the only one there on the North Range :)

Even though I've been in Sussex for just over 27 years, my family are all in the Newton Abbot area. In fact my brother (and his wife) own/run the golf course down in Bovey.

Rob.
Ah brilliant! The north range is fantastic, and the indoor is great for a cheeky evening shoot.

That is cool, I'm devon born and bred (Farm near Salcombe) but we moved to Bovey a couple of years ago so Budleigh is very handy!
RobB
Home club or Range: Cuckfield Rifle Club and OSM (Bisley)

#13 Post by RobB »

Does Budleigh have facilities to store rifles? I ask because when I move down in a few months I'll be renting first. And given I shoot smallbore at least twice a week, lodging with an RFD is probably out of the question.

Seeing your connection to farming and you're in Bovey you will almost certainly know my family at Hatherleigh farm. Hope to see you at the range in the near future. :)
Adamdavi3s

#14 Post by Adamdavi3s »

RobB wrote:Does Budleigh have facilities to store rifles? I ask because when I move down in a few months I'll be renting first. And given I shoot smallbore at least twice a week, lodging with an RFD is probably out of the question.

Seeing your connection to farming and you're in Bovey you will almost certainly know my family at Hatherleigh farm. Hope to see you at the range in the near future. :)
Possibly... I haven't ever needed to ask! When I moved I stored mine with country sports shop in kingsteignton (who are great by the way!) who would be local enough to store and pick up regularly.

haha probably not, we've been out of the farming game for the best part of 15 years now, the wider family sold up and our place was too small to be viable.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#15 Post by Mattnall »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
johngarnett
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#16 Post by johngarnett »

Adamdavi3s, talk of small world! I'm from Kingsbridge originally. Now in Truro. Shoot with Cornwall RC and share with Tamar at Millpool! Son in law lives Bickington and plays golf at Stover / Bovey! Two daughters live in Ashburton and Heathfield! Enough of my life history! Welcome to THE forum and see you at Millpool
Adamdavi3s

#17 Post by Adamdavi3s »

johngarnett wrote:Adamdavi3s, talk of small world! I'm from Kingsbridge originally. Now in Truro. Shoot with Cornwall RC and share with Tamar at Millpool! Son in law lives Bickington and plays golf at Stover / Bovey! Two daughters live in Ashburton and Heathfield! Enough of my life history! Welcome to THE forum and see you at Millpool
Hi John,

Nice to hear from you! We had Furzedown Farm, used to be an open farm and tearoom many years ago!

Hopefully see you at millpool, i'm hoping to make at least one date this year (before offspring 2.0 arrives) aaarggh
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#18 Post by WelshShooter »

Welcome to the forum, but I must advise "pictures or it didn't happen." I'd be interested to see your Savage and Remington!
Adamdavi3s

#19 Post by Adamdavi3s »

Ok trying to figure out uploading photos from the phone.....

This is my 'CV' I guess:

Savage 12LRP in 6.5CR
IMG_2563.JPG
This was the 10,11,12th shots down the barrel (I *think*) factory ammo, 1" black shoot n see dot
Haven't really bothered with it again a 100m, waiting for a Millpool day
IMG_2562.JPG
Adamdavi3s

#20 Post by Adamdavi3s »

This is the R700
IMG_2560.JPG
But I need to develop a load for it still, this is Geco factory (PPU was 2" +)
IMG_2564.JPG