Lee Enfield No5 Jungle Carbine

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Lee Enfield No5 Jungle Carbine

#1 Post by Mike357 »

In order to fund another rifle, I am reluctantly selling my Jungle Carbine.

I have shot this several times and have to say it is a joy to shoot, the excessive recoil is a myth as far as I am concerned and like the "wondering zero" untruths cooked up by the MOD to move on to the SLR.

As some of you may know and as you can see from the photographs, it has been drilled for a PH scope mount which I have taken off and replaced with an original 800yd sight. The scope mount comes with the rifle and also a Tasco 4x40 scope if the buyer wants it. The stock has a varnish finish to it and you will notice it has a butt more akin to No4 etc.

No5's on EFD Rifles are £575 so I am looking for £350 for mine. Usual rules regarding sale apply.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Jenks

Re: Lee Enfield No5 Jungle Carbine

#2 Post by Jenks »

I have just come across this. It looks to be a fine example of a Lee Enfield No: 5 carbine, that is until you see the holes drilled to facilitate the fitting of a scope mount. A fine rifle vandalised. :shock: :( So unnecessary as there are several very good mounts available that fit the rifle without damaging it..

Fultons mount for No: 4 & 5 Lee Enfield rifles.

Jenks
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#3 Post by Mike357 »

Indeed Jenks, such a shame. I would have gone for the Fulton or Armalon mount, they are better looking, cause more damage and are more sturdy than the PH mount.
Jenks

#4 Post by Jenks »

Mike357 wrote:Indeed Jenks, such a shame. I would have gone for the Fulton or Armalon mount, they are better looking, cause more damage and are more sturdy than the PH mount.
Mike...

Did you not mean.... Cause no Damage? Thanks for mentioning the Armalon mount I was racking my brain to try and remember who made a similar mount. I have the Fulton mount and am very happy with it. Though I'm sure the Armalon mount is of equal quality.

Jenks
Mike357

#5 Post by Mike357 »

:D Aye Jenks, no damage.
Mike357

#6 Post by Mike357 »

SOLD!