Landmarc declare War on Smallbore

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

Landmarc declare War on Smallbore

#1 Post by hitchphil »

See attached ...........the cost of a small-bore indoors range has gone from ~£30-£60 to ~£300 per day!

how many clubs does that kill off & what are NRA / NSRA doing about it? ........in fact has NSRA even noticed yet?

what can we do about it ?
Attachments
landmarc.pdf
(39.46 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Landmarc declare War on Smallbore

#2 Post by dromia »

hitchphil wrote:
what are NRA / NSRA doing about it?
The usual bending over to receive the shafting on our behalf.

To be fair to them their is little they can do as they have no influence whatsoever and MOD/Landmarc know this and treat them/us accordingly.

The multiplicity of vested interest discipline centric "representative" bodies is now working against us in spades, not that they have ever worked much for us, and they are about as joined up as a dismembered corpse.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

We can not do anything about it that's the problem.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

Having said that I don't know any body who uses a MOD indoor .22 range I guess it would have to be a Territorial Army Range.
I guess the solution is to join a local small bore club and stop using Territorial Army Ranges. Hit them in the pocket its the only way they will take notice.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

Have they tried saying no?

The MOD/LAndmarc or whoever owns our local outdoor MOD range demanded double the usual range fees for 2016/17, the club said no and they said, er ok then teanews :good:
DVC
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#6 Post by bradaz11 »

I suppose if they want shooters to stop using their ranges, and saying they weren't trained didn't work, the next step would be to price them out, same as the police are going to start doing. All with a veil of 'we only want to have full cost recovery' my local council has just started to do the same with my service charge. It's been creeping up over the last 8 years from around £30 to 45 now. just got a letter through, citing full cost recovery, its going up to £80 a month, yet they will still probably hit me with the old excuse of "we had extra costs of £400 last year" so have to pay that too. full cost recovery is just a con, especially with set ups like these.
with the flat, there was one cost involved for waste management... yet we have wheelie bins which the council bin men collect, which is paid through council tax! ugh, can't move soon enough
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#7 Post by Maggot »

Alpha1 wrote:Having said that I don't know any body who uses a MOD indoor .22 range I guess it would have to be a Territorial Army Range.
I guess the solution is to join a local small bore club and stop using Territorial Army Ranges. Hit them in the pocket its the only way they will take notice.
This does not make a massive amount of sense (the situation not Alpha's comment) given the ranges still need to be used by the MOD themselves. I can only assume that it has something to do with the usual (shareholders, greed, crap management) as my ACF lot are having some fun and games with range repairs and indoor 25m ranges.

Other than slightly more damage (?) and paying staff (which we cover) I cant see why they hike the prices the way they do. We now dont do a full day on Moody's as its too bloody costly (Civvy club not ACF).

Unless the range is needed for training I would have thought that any extra income and use would be a bonus....bit like the CNC at Bisley.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#8 Post by hitchphil »

Blackstuff wrote:Have they tried saying no?

The MOD/LAndmarc or whoever owns our local outdoor MOD range demanded double the usual range fees for 2016/17, the club said no and they said, er ok then teanews :good:
True or anecdotal?

If True pls pm me the range & poss a club that is facing closure with this can use it as basis of a negotiation?
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#9 Post by M99 »

Blackstuff wrote:Have they tried saying no?

I too would be interested in this information just like Phil. Our club is Landmarc ' s biggest civilian customer for MOD range use in the UK. Our annual spend is significant. The range charges / warden charges are set nationally and not locally. We pay the same rates for as AN example Warcop and we do Lydd.
Robert303
Home club or Range: Vintage Arms Scotland. Full voting HBSA member

#10 Post by Robert303 »

Changing the subject slightly we can use some of the arguments in this letter to demand that the No8 training rifles are sold off and not destroyed when the MOD eventually replace them..