Intelligence

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Explosive
Home club or Range: Saskatchewan

Re: Intelligence

#71 Post by Explosive »

HALODIN wrote:It's a shame you wouldn't engage in adult conversation, never mind.
Post a pic or you are full of it.
Explosive

#72 Post by Explosive »

HALODIN wrote:That's my point. What else was I suppose to do with it and @ $9/oz it was more than 5 pallets worth, I had no choice.
Explosive wrote:Why would anyone other than a bank need to put 5 pallets of silver in a safe ?
1 pallet = 20 ? monster boxes of 500 = 10,000 ounces

5 pallets = 50,000 ounces

50,000 ounces X 9 ( cost price ) = $450,000

Sold at 220 % profit = $990,000- $450,000 cost = $540,000 clear profit.

Halodin you are a genius clapclap lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol lollol
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#73 Post by snayperskaya »

Explosive wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:Just a thought but in a severe SHTF scenario where life as we know it has pretty much gone and not comint back anytime soon and it's every man for himself so to speak will gold/silver still have a value or will other, shall we say more practical items, become the new currency?.
There are no practical items in the UK in wide enough circulation to make a difference. Everything is government controlled and enforced by the pigs
So food, clean water etc aren't more practical than a lump of shiny metal that doesn't tarnish?.Has there been a real TEOTWAWKI scenario where gold or silver has still been worth more than the basic necessities needed to live?.Hell, even Lucky Strike cigarettes were the unofficial currency of immediate post-war Germany.If a mile wide asteroid hit Canada or Europe tomorrow would survivors worry about who's got gold to trade?
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#74 Post by Ovenpaa »

Rothmans and Soap used to work in Morocco in the 70s. No mention of gold there.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
markS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove small arms

#75 Post by markS »

And in Russia for a good while Jeans/windscreen wipers/bath plugs etc. would see you ok.

Purely supply and demand.

Although I can see that investment in metals etc. might be a better long term policy than money in the bank if things go south.
Explosive

#76 Post by Explosive »

snayperskaya wrote:
Explosive wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:Just a thought but in a severe SHTF scenario where life as we know it has pretty much gone and not comint back anytime soon and it's every man for himself so to speak will gold/silver still have a value or will other, shall we say more practical items, become the new currency?.
There are no practical items in the UK in wide enough circulation to make a difference. Everything is government controlled and enforced by the pigs
So food, clean water etc aren't more practical than a lump of shiny metal that doesn't tarnish?.Has there been a real TEOTWAWKI scenario where gold or silver has still been worth more than the basic necessities needed to live?.Hell, even Lucky Strike cigarettes were the unofficial currency of immediate post-war Germany.If a mile wide asteroid hit Canada or Europe tomorrow would survivors worry about who's got gold to trade?
There is only so much food you can store and eat, That I took care of easily. Precious metals are a store of wealth, nothing more............ Got it ?

Nice to look at even though it's hard to eat :)
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#77 Post by snayperskaya »

markS wrote:And in Russia for a good while Jeans/windscreen wipers/bath plugs etc. would see you ok.

Although I can see that investment in metals etc. might be a better long term policy than money in the bank if things go south.
But what if things go so South they're Antarctic?, surely gold and silver only became valuable as currency once a society was fairly established and settled?.If a SHTF scenario sent us back to the theoretical Stone Age then surely the barter system would return?.

HALODIN.......you didn't find those 5 pallets of silver on a train in an old Polish rail tunnel did you??? :run:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
markS
Past Supporter

#78 Post by markS »

snayperskaya wrote: But what if things go so South they're Antarctic?, surely gold and silver only became valuable as currency once a society was fairly established and settled?.If a SHTF scenario sent us back to the theoretical Stone Age then surely the barter system would return?
I absolutely agree - hence the supply and demand bit. No one rational would want gold/silver when they are starving.
I was only saying that physically holding wealth would probably be better than trusting the banks at a certain point because at least you have control over something.

Personally I'd probably look at breeding and trading food animals as a source of barter, rabbits initially then maybe something larger?
Explosive

#79 Post by Explosive »

markS wrote:And in Russia for a good while Jeans/windscreen wipers/bath plugs etc. would see you ok.

Money in the bank is a dead loss right now, never mind if things go south.
markS
Past Supporter

#80 Post by markS »

snayperskaya wrote: HALODIN.......you didn't find those 5 pallets of silver on a train in an old Polish rail tunnel did you??? :run:
Perhaps he's the mysterious "Basil" from Hatton Garden...