Wilshire Gun, Oklahoma, USA - Played with a big boy toy!

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Wilshire Gun, Oklahoma, USA - Played with a big boy toy!

#1 Post by TattooedGun »

It's late, and I'm still jet lagged, so I'm going to bed.... but before I do, I'll just leave this here... :D

http://blog.stegough.com/firing-the-desert-eagle-50/

Goodnight :) teanews
BamBam

Re: Wilshire Gun, Oklahoma, USA - Played with a big boy toy!

#2 Post by BamBam »

What does it kick like again? lol
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#3 Post by snayperskaya »

Steve, despite the fact you have a .50 Desert Eagle in your hand the photo of you standing next to the target actually looks quite camp! :p :run:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
froggy
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#4 Post by froggy »

Niiiice ... Actually super nice ! I only shot the 44 version and must confess I would absolutely love to go the whole way & try the .50 ;)

Hope you had a pleasant trip & from the sound of it, you did !!
Do tell us about the other toys you tried & welkom back to the good old, cold & rainy "pistol-free" UK ...
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Countryman

#5 Post by Countryman »

I shot the .44 Automag in Canada a couple of months ago and although it was "fun" after 50 rounds I can safely say it's not a gun I would rush back to.

Shot placement was ok but the recoil is HARSH!
TattooedGun

#6 Post by TattooedGun »

snayperskaya wrote:Steve, despite the fact you have a .50 Desert Eagle in your hand the photo of you standing next to the target actually looks quite camp! :p :run:
I'm going to blame it on the look on my face... Serious face with a Cheshire cat style grin trying to force its way out... lol
froggy wrote:Niiiice ... Actually super nice ! I only shot the 44 version and must confess I would absolutely love to go the whole way & try the .50 ;)

Hope you had a pleasant trip & from the sound of it, you did !!
Do tell us about the other toys you tried & welkom back to the good old, cold & rainy "pistol-free" UK ...
The trip was awesome, didn't manage to get much shooting done really, just introduced the mrs to it and she loved pistol shooting!

I'll write up about the trip to the range when I next get chance, but basically got Cate on the range and started her off with a Sig P938 22LR - to get her used to the way handguns handle and function. Then moved on to 9mm - which I recall was a S&W 1911 Pro Series in 9mm (What can I say, I'm a sucker for 1911's) then I moved on to the D'eagle above by myself as it was a bit much for a first time with a handgun... ;)

We then had a go with a Scar 16 which kept FTE'ing so we swapped it out for a colt M4 with an eotech and magnifier on and she kicked my ass in a competition aaarggh

It's always good to get the mrs on side with shooting, right? :o ... apart from the cost...! :p
TattooedGun

#7 Post by TattooedGun »

Countryman wrote:I shot the .44 Automag in Canada a couple of months ago and although it was "fun" after 50 rounds I can safely say it's not a gun I would rush back to.

Shot placement was ok but the recoil is HARSH!
I did a box of 20 .50AE (at $2 a shot) and wouldn't say I'd rush back to it. It was a lot of fun though. Serious grin machine.
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#8 Post by Gazoo »

Nice one, but I agree about the camp (George Michael bad boy look) photo. lol
I had a go of the 50 just after they came out and the lad who brought it was wearing a thick wool hat which was odd cos it was a (rare) hot august day on whitburn army ranges. I asked him why the hat and he took it off to reveal about 5 ugly imprints of the end of an IMI cartridge case, almost read the writing. This eagle was ejecting the cases low and straight back. I used his hat and it did soften the blow but you still felt it.
Dunno if it was just his, the ammo or an early design fault. Good though ...happy days
Alea Jacta Est
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

I shot one back in the late 90's and I remember the palm of my hand was stinging towards the end of the 50 rounds I put through it. I was swapping with a CZ75 to have a rest and I remember the blast seems to hit you right in the chest even though the gun was pointing the other way
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
TattooedGun

#10 Post by TattooedGun »

I liked how there was no confetti from the shot targets on the floor for a good 25 foot radius...

There was when i started, but I pointed it out to the mrs as it got blown further and further away with every report...!