RANGE DAY

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1

RANGE DAY

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

Went to the range to day first one since having surgery on my eyes.
I did not shoot but I took the oportunity to look through a couple scopes and looked down the sights of a black powder revolver and some millitary iron sighted rifles.
Since my op my dominant eye has changed my left eye is now my dominant eye my right eye is no good for shooting at the moment even with a scope.
Being right handed it is weird on shouldering the rifle I automatically close the left eye and can see nothing but a blair.
Trying to close the right eye and get the head in a position to see the sights with the left did not work. My eyes are also extremely sensetive to light.
Cant shoot left handed so I gues I have a bit of a problem.
Oh bugger.
It was good to see the guys again though and have a good gossip the topic for the day was the NRA some very interesting comments. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: RANGE DAY

#2 Post by Mike357 »

I could think of worse things to see at the end of the barrel than a "Blair"
:lol:
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Alpha1

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

Blur not Blair but you are right if it had of been Blair I would of pulled the trigger :lol: :lol:
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

I am crossing my fingers for you Alpha1.
I hope with time it will all be ok again.

:D
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

It's a start Alpha, as Christel says, fingers crossed for you. A shooter at our club took his finger off in a lawn mower and wrecked the one below as well, different to you but he managed to adapt and shoots again now.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

I have a appointment at the hospital next month to see there optician for a check up and eye test they might be able to correct it with glasses I will have to just wait and see.
Fingers crossed.
Alpha1

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

Went to the range to day one of our club members had a bench set up with a steyr SSG in .308 on a bipod with a back bag on it.
It has a khales scope on it. In my previous post I described the problems I had with my right eye and how my left eye was now my dominant eye and a scope not helping.
Well about three days ago my right eye stopped aching all most felt normal and the vision seemed to be a little better.
To day I sat at the bench for a long while looking through the scope at 200yds things were a little clearer than the previous Saturday. I could not resist it I fired 5 rounds they all hit the target all though the score was not good.
But I am back boys and girls I am back.
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Alpha1 wrote:I could not resist it I fired 5 rounds they all hit the target all though the score was not good.
But I am back boys and girls I am back.
That is brilliant good news, very good indeed :D It sounds like they are getting better by the day now. You want to watch out as you wont be able to blame bad shooting on your eyes soon!!!

:lol:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

That is just fab news, just give it time, I am sure you will get back to shooting.

:D
bobbob

#10 Post by bobbob »

Great news, hope things keep improving.
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.