News From the NRA 10th of May 2011

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: News From the NRA 10th of May 2011

#11 Post by IainWR »

Rox

I think you have identified the biggest practical problem. In the melee that is the range office at 0800 on a Saturday, what happens when someone pays a £500 bill in a pocketful of used notes and coin extracted at the last minute from his 20 mates sharing the targets? I honestly don't think this one is going to survive first contact with the enemy. But we shall see.

Iain
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#12 Post by dodgyrog »

IainWR wrote:Rox

I think you have identified the biggest practical problem. In the melee that is the range office at 0800 on a Saturday, what happens when someone pays a £500 bill in a pocketful of used notes and coin extracted at the last minute from his 20 mates sharing the targets? I honestly don't think this one is going to survive first contact with the enemy. But we shall see.

Iain
About time the Chairman resigned isn't it! What a plonker the man seems to be, correct me if I'm wrong. He headed in the own goal I guess.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
dodgyrog

#13 Post by dodgyrog »

Might I suggest those of us on this forum who are members of the NRA go to the AGM (the new one!!!) and voice our dissent.
I'm very inclined to do the 600 mile round trip.
What a shambles the Chairman is - he needs sacking. Let's tell him so. :evil:
karen

#14 Post by karen »

rox wrote:
Dangermouse wrote:Well I am surprised that we do not already have to pay for range time when we book.
Christ, don't give them ideas! We book in September for the following season from March to December. Payment in advance would amount to a compulsary loan to the NRA of a few thousand quid.

Don't worry they have already thought about it and its not going to happen (unless someone is fibbing to me).

Certainly my club couldn't pay when booking - we spend about £12,000 per year on our targets and book for all the other clubs we shoot against to reduce the workload on the Range Office. That would mean probably £20,000 up front and that is certainly not going to happen even IF we did have the money which we don't.

And if we don't book in September we won't get the amount of target space we need.

Unfortunately some of the people who came up with this have never been a club secretary of a large club or indeed been in the Range Office at 8am on a Saturday!

Oh and no extra staff to implement this either . . .

Love

karen
dodgyrog

#15 Post by dodgyrog »

Presumably the Chairman and General Secretary gave advice to Council on this matter. I wonder who they talked to about it during their researching? Nobody is my guess.
What a shambles. There are obviously good people on the Council, why aren't they speaking up?
A change is needed, in my opinion and that means certain people moving on. ASAP.
Alpha1

#16 Post by Alpha1 »

I have lived in the North East of England for the last 60 years done all my shooting here I have never been to Bisley and I never will.
If the NRA have made such a screw up of it dont go bail out.
If they are so bad why get involved.
rox

#17 Post by rox »

dodgyrog wrote:Presumably the Chairman and General Secretary gave advice to Council on this matter.
It sounds like you are talking about the NRA Chairman and General Secretary, but I don't suppose they, or council, had anything to do with this NSC matter.

dodgyrog

#18 Post by dodgyrog »

rox wrote:
dodgyrog wrote:Presumably the Chairman and General Secretary gave advice to Council on this matter.
It sounds like you are talking about the NRA Chairman and General Secretary, but I don't suppose they, or council, had anything to do with this NSC matter.

Care to take a bet?
rox

#19 Post by rox »

christel wrote: As of Monday 9 May 2011 all range hire must be paid in advance of shooting, in the Range Office.
On Thursday 12th May an offer to pay in advance of shooting was declined!
There's also a rumour circulating that the advance payment requirement may be lifted.

Arse <-> Elbow ???

karen

#20 Post by karen »

rox wrote:
christel wrote: As of Monday 9 May 2011 all range hire must be paid in advance of shooting, in the Range Office.
On Thursday 12th May an offer to pay in advance of shooting was declined!
There's also a rumour circulating that the advance payment requirement may be lifted.

Arse <-> Elbow ???

Um well I just signed my "agreement" and handed it into Matthew Ensor and he didn't say anything. Haven't heard anything has changed!