Todays shoot at Ponteland

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff

Re: Todays shoot at Ponteland

#11 Post by Blackstuff »

Yup the conditions were almost perfect for shooting which is nothing short of a miracle at Ponteland, let alone in October, just a pity i had to wear the rave vest instead of pulling triggers troutslapping

Hopefully the club can move on in more exciting ways and actually provide some proper shooting opportunities rather than just plinking/zeroing hunting rifles we seem to have the reputation for.
DVC
phaedra1106

Re: Todays shoot at Ponteland

#12 Post by phaedra1106 »

My lot usually run 3 sessions at 100yds then fall back to 300 or 600yds, Jonathan has suggested we alternate starting ranges between 100 and 200yds, this will help anyone wanting to have their HME loads certified.

Me, (being old and knackered) quite enjoys shooting at 100yds, it's a shorter walk to change the targets :)

That being said, I usually use Jared to do the leg work and heavy lifting/carrying for me, as long as I provide him with a steady supply of coffee, sandwiches and mini-cakes he's not too unhappy about doing it :good:

I have to admit I was thinking of selling my Steyr SSG-04 when the new Ruger arrives, but, having took it out of mothballs yesterday and watched as it put every round into a 1" square I've changed my mind, it's a lovely rifle to shoot, excellent magazine (much better than Aics) and a very comfortable fit for Jared and me.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)