Buckmark pistol opinions / help

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

mr_purple

Buckmark pistol opinions / help

#1 Post by mr_purple »

Hi all
I've been shooting a tsc1911 and whilst fun I think it's not accurate enough . Anyone outthere run a Buckmark pistol with opinions of good or bad ? I'm also a lefty so could this pistol be set up correctly for me - any help appreciated
Ps how does it compare to a volquartsen pistol as well
Cheers
DavidRees
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: JSPC; Tayside; NRA

Re: Buckmark pistol opinions / help

#2 Post by DavidRees »

I'm a leftie, and I shoot a GrandPower K22, single-handed. It's pretty accurate (ie., very). The Buckmark is too heavy to hold in one hand, IMHO. If you are shooting double-handed, you might prefer the heavier muzzle weight of the Buckmark, though.
bitfield

#3 Post by bitfield »

DavidRees wrote:I'm a leftie, and I shoot a GrandPower K22, single-handed. It's pretty accurate (ie., very). The Buckmark is too heavy to hold in one hand, IMHO. If you are shooting double-handed, you might prefer the heavier muzzle weight of the Buckmark, though.
Another vote for the K22, which is a superb bit of kit, though with a price to match - and it has both ambidextrous safety and mag release. I've only just got started with it and I'm already shooting 4 inch groups offhand at 25yds. It's a very serious little pistol.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#4 Post by Dellboy »

I shoot a Buckmark with a lightened barrel its pretty good and a little added weight on the rear bar balances it nicely
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

mr_purple

#5 Post by mr_purple »

Dellboy wrote:I shoot a Buckmark with a lightened barrel its pretty good and a little added weight on the rear bar balances it nicely
Thanks for the replies so far , I don't think a K22 is what I'm after . More the buckmark or volquartsen .
The buckmark dellboy , can you get a nice light descent trigger pull on it and given your comments do you think a non lightweight barrel version would be very nose heavy ? Who did the pistol for you ?
Cheers
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#6 Post by Dellboy »

Pistol was done before i bought it but the guy changed his mind
Local gunsmith Roger Mason did it the trigger pull is fine by my standards and as for a heavy barrel i would just add some balance weight to the rod .
Please understand im not a good pistol shooter and it gets shot at a local club normally at speed over 2 mags at 25 yards
I like it its fun its cheap and seems to shoot anything i give it .
One of the members has a volquartsen but i dont really think the price difference is worth the extra (well not to me )
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

#7 Post by JSC »

The Buckmark can be very reliable and accurate. Mine doesn't have a lightened barrel or a big heavy balance weight at the back but I wouldn't say it's nose-heavy at all.

A lot of people prefer the look of a 1911 clone and I understand that, but the Buckmark wins plenty of matches so there's got to be something right about it...
mr_purple

#8 Post by mr_purple »

JSC wrote:The Buckmark can be very reliable and accurate. Mine doesn't have a lightened barrel or a big heavy balance weight at the back but I wouldn't say it's nose-heavy at all.

A lot of people prefer the look of a 1911 clone and I understand that, but the Buckmark wins plenty of matches so there's got to be something right about it...

This is exactly where I'm at , I enjoy the 1911 for fun but it doesn't cut it now I want to compete .
To me the Buckmark seems a good choice for what I'm after without going volquartsen silly money - I'd like to know if any volquartsen owners think it's worth the money over a Buckmark .
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#9 Post by the running man »

It's no secret that all gallery rifle records are held by using the buckmark lbp.....although the stockade lbp is aiming to change that......the only problem is price,I picked up a lbp buckmark for £300 in January, the stockade lbp is a grand plus....so draw your own conclusions......
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Whizzbang

#10 Post by Whizzbang »

Is mag capacity an issue for the Buckmark in practical matches?

I'm in the market for an LBP. The Buckmark appeals for price (a bit) and accuracy but the K22 has many fans and offers higher capacity mags and less eye-pain (a bit).

No one I know has either so I can't try them at the club.

Then there's Suffolk Rifle's "Glock-alike", which I handled the other day. Seemed well-executed but is pricier than the above and is an unknown quantity at present.