Europa LBR

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

Re: Europa LBR

#21 Post by Sixshot6 »

Outsider wrote:[quote="Sixshot6"
There was an advert for them in this months gun mart. Might not mean alot. Have you tried calling?
Haven't yet. One thing I'm learning as I get into the shooting business in the UK is that it's a bit out of synch technologically with what I'm used to. :p Still not as bad as some wargaming companies I've brought from. Some will only accept orders in on fax!

I'll try giving them a call tomorrow to see what the status is.[/quote]

I had to pay a guy by cheque with a recent purchase. He would not accept BACS.
joe

#22 Post by joe »

atleast now, we are getting much more choice then before (abait very pricey) now if someone could come out with lever release LBP even better
Sixshot6

#23 Post by Sixshot6 »

joe wrote:atleast now, we are getting much more choice then before (abait very pricey) now if someone could come out with lever release LBP even better
The lever release pistol has nearly happened but something tends to make it fall by the wayside. I was actually talking to dealer who is friends with Peter Starley and he told why the Tangfolio fell by the wayside. One was Tangfolio not in the ending wanting to supply parts (the deal fell thorough?), Technical problems and Starley losing interest due to age and semi-retirement. In essence you need someone with the time to actually make and make it work, as its not as simple just sticking in the barrel and having the disconnector (ironically too long a barrel in a semi auto pistol makes it not work properly).

Someone may very well make it work. But until then, its the stuff of rifles for now (and then other actions are coming, see Lantac and I know of an action being designed that may appear in the future).

I once had a conversion with Scott from CCA about using the MARS action in a grand power LBP. Its doable, but once again its fallen while Scott does other things (i.e. selling more 22 grand powers, MARS VZ's and do armory work and such). So sadly that all gets in the way too. But time may tell a different story.
joe

#24 Post by joe »

Sixshot6 wrote:
joe wrote:atleast now, we are getting much more choice then before (abait very pricey) now if someone could come out with lever release LBP even better
The lever release pistol has nearly happened but something tends to make it fall by the wayside. I was actually talking to dealer who is friends with Peter Starley and he told why the Tangfolio fell by the wayside. One was Tangfolio not in the ending wanting to supply parts (the deal fell thorough?), Technical problems and Starley losing interest due to age and semi-retirement. In essence you need someone with the time to actually make and make it work, as its not as simple just sticking in the barrel and having the disconnector (ironically too long a barrel in a semi auto pistol makes it not work properly).

Someone may very well make it work. But until then, its the stuff of rifles for now (and then other actions are coming, see Lantac and I know of an action being designed that may appear in the future).

I once had a conversion with Scott from CCA about using the MARS action in a grand power LBP. Its doable, but once again its fallen while Scott does other things (i.e. selling more 22 grand powers, MARS VZ's and do armory work and such). So sadly that all gets in the way too. But time may tell a different story.

cheers for the info, i did email icon arms about doing a 9mm sig lever release, his response was that he may do it ! when the midway 9mm was annonaced and after talking to pete, i put in a veration for 9mm LBP which i got, i've still got 4 years before renewal so lets see whats in the pipeline hopfully
Sixshot6

#25 Post by Sixshot6 »

joe wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:

cheers for the info, i did email icon arms about doing a 9mm sig lever release, his response was that he may do it ! when the midway 9mm was annonaced and after talking to pete, i put in a veration for 9mm LBP which i got, i've still got 4 years before renewal so lets see whats in the pipeline hopfully
Lets see what happens, but don't hope for the midway one. Plus Midway uk no longer exists, its brownells uk now. I got that from a good source (Midway disappeared due to no longer wanting the hassle of dealing with sending stuff to the uk). Long and short, Icon arms is a better bet. Pete Starley has lost interest. Its gone, move onto that or ask Scott if he'll do the grandpower one after all (the MARS action would be perfect and the closest to a 9mm centrefire semi we'd have). I hope it works out and I'll keep everyone noted about the other thing I've mentioned. I can't say, what it is.... but you'll be pleasantly surprised if it works out.

Edit: The same source was the one that told me why Starley had given up on the Lever release LBP. On the plus side, due to other people making the design, Bob Clarke from SGC does not hold a patent on it. So others are free to make LBPs and rifles with it (which might give him more competition if people decide to bring out 223 lever release and rumours suggest it will happen in the near future). End result, Icon arms are free to make one until the cows come home.
joe

#26 Post by joe »

I once had a conversion with Scott from CCA about using the MARS action in a grand power LBP. Its doable, but once again its fallen while Scott does other things (i.e. selling more 22 grand powers, MARS VZ's and do armory work and such). So sadly that all gets in the way too. But time may tell a different story.[/quote]

ok forget midway uk, i would rather have a sig or a grand power 9mm lbp, i'll try contact him and scott at some point !
this new thing you are on about, i take this a rifle thing ?

cheers for the info, i did email icon arms about doing a 9mm sig lever release, his response was that he may do it ! when the midway 9mm was annonaced and after talking to pete, i put in a veration for 9mm LBP which i got, i've still got 4 years before renewal so lets see whats in the pipeline hopfully[/quote]

Lets see what happens, but don't hope for the midway one. Plus Midway uk no longer exists, its brownells uk now. I got that from a good source (Midway disappeared due to no longer wanting the hassle of dealing with sending stuff to the uk). Long and short, Icon arms is a better bet. Pete Starley has lost interest. Its gone, move onto that or ask Scott if he'll do the grandpower one after all (the MARS action would be perfect and the closest to a 9mm centrefire semi we'd have). I hope it works out and I'll keep everyone noted about the other thing I've mentioned. I can't say, what it is.... but you'll be pleasantly surprised if it works out.

Edit: The same source was the one that told me why Starley had given up on the Lever release LBP. On the plus side, due to other people making the design, Bob Clarke from SGC does not hold a patent on it. So others are free to make LBPs and rifles with it (which might give him more competition if people decide to bring out 223 lever release and rumours suggest it will happen in the near future). End result, Icon arms are free to make one until the cows come home.[/quote]

ok forget midway uk, i would rather have a sig or a grand power 9mm lbp, i'll try contact him and scott at some point !
Sixshot6

#27 Post by Sixshot6 »

joe wrote:The lever release pistol has nearly happened but something tends to make it fall by the wayside. I was actually talking to dealer who is friends with Peter Starley and he told why the Tangfolio fell by the wayside. One was Tangfolio not in the ending wanting to supply parts (the deal fell thorough?), Technical problems and Starley losing interest due to age and semi-retirement. In essence you need someone with the time to actually make and make it work, as its not as simple just sticking in the barrel and having the disconnector (ironically too long a barrel in a semi auto pistol makes it not work properly).

cheers for the info, i did email icon arms about doing a 9mm sig lever release, his response was that he may do it ! when the midway 9mm was annonaced and after talking to pete, i put in a veration for 9mm LBP which i got, i've still got 4 years before renewal so lets see whats in the pipeline hopfully[/quote]

Edit: The same source was the one that told me why Starley had given up on the Lever release LBP. On the plus side, due to other people making the design, Bob Clarke from SGC does not hold a patent on it. So others are free to make LBPs and rifles with it (which might give him more competition if people decide to bring out 223 lever release and rumours suggest it will happen in the near future). End result, Icon arms are free to make one until the cows come home.[/quote]

this new thing you are on about, i take this a rifle thing ?[/quote]

It is a rifle, I am in contact with a gunsmith in the US (Connecticut to be exact) and he's started on system to build a manual op gun that is nearly semi but skirts round that and other restrictive states "Assault Weapons" bans. He has checked UK law after I put in the direction and he says it looks good to go. It will take a while as he's testing, doing all sorts of things to get it working and everything else. If it all goes well, he'll get talking with an importer/dealer I have corresponded with. This will all take time. So watch out.
Sixshot6

#28 Post by Sixshot6 »

One more thing, if Icon arms are serious about making a lever release pistol, they might as well throw their hat into the AR ring too. As Bob Clarke does not appear to hold the patent as I previously mentioned. They are within their right to do so.
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#29 Post by bradaz11 »

what makes you think he does not hold a patent?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Outsider

#30 Post by Outsider »

So I phoned the chaps at Merseyside Armoury today. They are still operating, they have Alfas in stock and are getting more in during the year. I, however, completely forgot to ask about prices.

But good to know that for now they're still around.