The CG Model 66 Light Tube Repeater

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Dangermouse

Re: The CG Model 66 Light Tube Repeater

#11 Post by Dangermouse »

Brilliant, lucky me.

The hash marks and numbers on the turrets almost look to be in the same colour as the paint job, that was a nice result.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Dangermouse

#12 Post by Dangermouse »

lollol lollol lollol
Finally I can anounce I am the owner after picking it up this morning. Clearly I am extremely happy and looking forward to shooting it this coming Thursday at Bisley.

It is my understanding that I am the only (lucky) owner of a 66 LTR. Should anyone see me on a range and wish to have a look I will be only too happy to oblige.

Ovenpaa took a picture of it in my OPMOD bag, hopefully he will post it at some point.
How nice it is to be able to lay a 32" F class rifle along the back seat of my Toyota Aygo! No need for an estate any more.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

Fingers crossed this works..
In bag.PNG
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

#14 Post by DW58 »

Good luck DM and congratulations to David on his baby finally reaching the market.
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
R.G.C

#15 Post by R.G.C »

ovenpaa wrote:Fingers crossed this works..
In bag.PNG
As the designer of the beast, I wjsh to warmly thank David for all his total involvement in the various stages of the development.
The action design features of the chassis/receiver were already clear since long in my mind and putting them ‘on paper’ was a quite easy task.
But designing a rifle was an other task. Being a TR and Match shooter, I had little experience in the new dsciplines, and it is where David intervened in the design..Countless exchanges ended in a product of an entirely new concept for which we both are proud of.
If rhe first prototype bolts and inserts were made here in Frogland under my control, all what concerned the receiver and stock parts were left on David as it was decided to be built in UK and assembled by David.
He had to source materials, not an easy task because of my exigencies in this matter, follow the production, find the right suppliers for all the operationsn, define the finishes and out the final aesthetic touches. Again a total involvement and countless inproductive hours on the phone or the keyboard..
Wprking closely, with sometime little friction (forgive me David!!) we always arrived to the right solutuion, still recently with a new model of bag rider rod..
We resolved the minor problems in fair cooperation and I sincerely think we now have a great oroduct in both the light metal C.G 59 action and C.G66 rifle.
I would also mention Christel who was also deeply involved and had to iron out from time to time the frictions hereover mentioned.
Great achievement, the Shooting Shed Team….We now continue with the triggers. David was the promoter of the AI/AE model which he tested intensively and is now prototyping an AW/AX and other models.
Dangerous Mouse, a special thank for your confidence. We are behind you and wish you every success with your new C.G 66 LTR. We have done our oart, up to you now.
Sincerely Yours
R.G.C
Ovenpaa

#16 Post by Ovenpaa »

Robert,

We have all worked very hard on this project over the last three years and until this rifle build I had only shipped chassis and actions overseas so to see one actually in use here in the UK is something very special and I am sure means a lot to all of us.

I can also say with all honestly I have thoroughly enjoyed working with you on this project.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#17 Post by 20series »

Dangermouse wrote:lollol lollol lollol
Finally I can anounce I am the owner after picking it up this morning. Clearly I am extremely happy and looking forward to shooting it this coming Thursday at Bisley.

It is my understanding that I am the only (lucky) owner of a 66 LTR. Should anyone see me on a range and wish to have a look I will be only too happy to oblige.

Ovenpaa took a picture of it in my OPMOD bag, hopefully he will post it at some point.
How nice it is to be able to lay a 32" F class rifle along the back seat of my Toyota Aygo! No need for an estate any more.

DM
It looks like a true work of art, well done to David, Christel and Robert :good: :good:
DM, we will be wanting a full range report mate :good:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Dangermouse

#18 Post by Dangermouse »

Dangermouse

#19 Post by Dangermouse »

PANTS! Range report just vanished... Arghh

So a much shorter version..

Gun shot like a dream. Cleaning was easy thanks to the bolt coming out so quickly.

Ovenpaa did a great job of machining the throat and I had no issues with copper almost from the first shot.

The hole at 500 on the above target has around 15 rounds through it at around 25 yards - whatever the zero range is. I was aiming at the big black circle so could possibly have made it smaller if I had had a smaller aiming mark.
At 300 yards I was in the 5 & V's for another 10 rounds. I found the rifle tracked like a dream with the Stotteben bipod, no bouncing around etc.

I am really looking forward to developing some rounds for this and getting it out in a competition. I know it is going to attract lots of attention.

DM

Edit: Cleaned with C2R.
Dangermouse

#20 Post by Dangermouse »

I had a chance to visit the range today, no shooting just getting use to the rifle and set up.

I took the rifle, bipod , 5 round magazine and scope - the whole package, to the scales in the range office.

8kg, on the dot all in.

Comfortabley under the 8.25kg F/TR weight limit.

DM