Just want to ask

For everything AR15 related and the ultimate in side charging or semi auto 22 rifles. http://www.lan-tac.com
Huge selection of accessories and upgrades, all available online. We are the UK distributor for LaRue Tactical & Battle Arms Developments.
SevenSixTwo

Re: Just want to ask

#41 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Doesn't a gas regulator regulate the flow to the gas system? Rather pointless here.
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#42 Post by Sixshot6 »

SevenSixTwo wrote:Doesn't a gas regulator regulate the flow to the gas system? Rather pointless here.
I guess, so I was just thinking of something that was probably more of a fantasy that practical. My bad. Have you been in touch with Lantac like Halodin also? I had this idea, if Paul has filed a patent shouldn't there be some public info to say they have filed patent, while not saying 100% what it is?
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#43 Post by Airbrush »

If you're into AR 15's the one thing I've learnt is 'Patience'. ;)
SevenSixTwo

#44 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Sixshot6 wrote:
SevenSixTwo wrote:Doesn't a gas regulator regulate the flow to the gas system? Rather pointless here.
I guess, so I was just thinking of something that was probably more of a fantasy that practical. My bad. Have you been in touch with Lantac like Halodin also? I had this idea, if Paul has filed a patent shouldn't there be some public info to say they have filed patent, while not saying 100% what it is?
I've not been in touch directly, no. I would have thought (although I accept I could be wrong) that patents on firearms must be 'protected' from public access somehow?...

All I can say is that I've heard of 'one other' entity in the UK who is looking into the feasibility of a lever release AR. I have mild arthritis in both shoulders and operating straight pull really wears me down after a while.

I'd just like to be able to shoot properly without having to f*ck about endlessly - you know, like pretty much the rest of the world does.

Out of interest, anyone know what other countries have banned semi-auto in centre fire?
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
Rburro2
Home club or Range: Uttoxeter rifle club

#45 Post by Rburro2 »

Sixshot6 wrote:But anyway, if any news come up about this New AR system of theirs, post it. Doesn't have to be this thread, although it might do good to have a consistent thread.

Does anyone think a consistent thread of developments by CCA, SGC, Lantac and others should receive its own regular consistent thread in the forum? Something like UK Center fire Semi-auto alternatives?
Think you have already started a consistent thread but lets call them self ejecting or interupted cycling rather than anything to do with semi automatic as that creates the wrong impression of these type rifles.
Sixshot6

#46 Post by Sixshot6 »

SevenSixTwo wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:
I've not been in touch directly, no. I would have thought (although I accept I could be wrong) that patents on firearms must be 'protected' from public access somehow?...

All I can say is that I've heard of 'one other' entity in the UK who is looking into the feasibility of a lever release AR. I have mild arthritis in both shoulders and operating straight pull really wears me down after a while.

I'd just like to be able to shoot properly without having to f*ck about endlessly - you know, like pretty much the rest of the world does.

Out of interest, anyone know what other countries have banned semi-auto in centre fire?
Australia is the only other one I can think of right now and look how screwed up they are compared to New Zealand.
Sixshot6

#47 Post by Sixshot6 »

Rburro2 wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:But anyway, if any news come up about this New AR system of theirs, post it. Doesn't have to be this thread, although it might do good to have a consistent thread.

Does anyone think a consistent thread of developments by CCA, SGC, Lantac and others should receive its own regular consistent thread in the forum? Something like UK Center fire Semi-auto alternatives?
Think you have already started a consistent thread but lets call them self ejecting or interupted cycling rather than anything to do with semi automatic as that creates the wrong impression of these type rifles.
Good thinking Batman, That is a better title. Shall we all say Yay to self ejecting or interupted cycling? Self ejecting sounds better. All those in favour? Its a better title as from the sounds Lantac's is not a lever release (it can't be patented people have looked, like I've said it seemed to have been released into the public domain, I'm no lawyer but that makes a patent impossible from what I've read and seen). Also in response to seven six two, I believe firearms patents will be treated the same, maybe some of the details kept behinds closed doors, but the general gist in the public domain. I shall search when I can. The other entity might not happen to be low mills is it? I feel excited though regardless of what happens. I hope Lantac's is left friendly and if it is, I'll be for it. As much as I love my vz mars, I'd like to be able to mount optics better and more as it should be.
Sixshot6

#48 Post by Sixshot6 »

Forgot to also add, one thing I've learnt from the vz58 mars is we could do with a barrel twist of maybe 1 in 9 as most of the ammo people can afford to buy is 55 grn and 62grn. Just a thought.
Rburro2
Home club or Range: Uttoxeter rifle club

#49 Post by Rburro2 »

Yes I suspect that may be the case. Although we get mil spec at reasonable prices but I'm sure you know we're to get it at the right price.
Sixshot6

#50 Post by Sixshot6 »

Rburro2 wrote:Yes I suspect that may be the case. Although we get mil spec at reasonable prices but I'm sure you know we're to get it at the right price.
So we're agreed 1 in 9 then? I had this other idea that maybe although its an inferior system, it could be based around Direct Impingement rather than a gas piston design. I only suggest this as they tend to be lighter and according to some more accurate. On the other hand gas piston's are easier to clean so that maybe a deciding factor and if Gas piston designs work better and more reliably with a self ejection interrupted system then that is how it shall be I suppose. Be nice to hear something about it soon though.