Sig Sauer P226 LBP

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

phaedra1106

Re: Sig Sauer P226 LBP

#251 Post by phaedra1106 »

joe wrote:which is better ? a start / stop centre fire pistol or semi auto .22lr only lbp such as a sig ?
Ask anyone who used to shoot pre-ban and the answer would be pretty unanimous I would think :)

Anything with an interrupted action (lever or Mars etc.) in a centre fire calibre at a sensible price would be extremely popular :D
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#252 Post by Sixshot6 »

phaedra1106 wrote:
joe wrote:which is better ? a start / stop centre fire pistol or semi auto .22lr only lbp such as a sig ?
Ask anyone who used to shoot pre-ban and the answer would be pretty unanimous I would think :)

Anything with an interrupted action (lever or Mars etc.) in a centre fire calibre at a sensible price would be extremely popular :D
Rifles seem to be a bit easier to do right now than LBP's. There is a few more systems coming/being developed that could eventually be used as springboard. One thing I did seem to notice is that some people seem to be going about it wrong. There are plenty of not-assembled 1911 frames out there that have never been a pistol that could be used to start with, that or use a company like grandpower that is happy to do small runs as they like to go money from wherever due to being a new Eastern European company and thus more willing to do new and untested things. Going with already existing companies is always a non-starter unless there is something really big in it for them.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#253 Post by Mike357 »

A LR pistol of any design is likely to be close to £2k I'd say and no doubt it would bring all the "it's too expensive", "only costs £10 in the U.S." comments. Just look at the S&Ws from RFD, Merkel and the one Wilson were trying to do.

I'd love to see it happen but it's going to be expensive.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
joe

#254 Post by joe »

Mike357 wrote:A LR pistol of any design is likely to be close to £2k I'd say and no doubt it would bring all the "it's too expensive", "only costs £10 in the U.S." comments. Just look at the S&Ws from RFD, Merkel and the one Wilson were trying to do.

hopfully caledonian arms will attampt to put their mars action in a grand power k100 !

in the mean time i will have just make do with my .44 mag LBR bangbang :D
Sixshot6

#255 Post by Sixshot6 »

Mike357 wrote:A LR pistol of any design is likely to be close to £2k I'd say and no doubt it would bring all the "it's too expensive", "only costs £10 in the U.S." comments. Just look at the S&Ws from RFD, Merkel and the one Wilson were trying to do.

Also the Rude Fat dog ones too. Still £2k would be cheaper than the Rudefatdog offering. I did actually have an email from Wilson explaining what had happened But I deleted like the tit I am. Its up to whoever has the time to do more it than anything. I guess we're working with what we have at the end of the day.
safetyfirst

#256 Post by safetyfirst »

Well it's personal that but I prefer a .22 I think.
Sixshot6

#257 Post by Sixshot6 »

safetyfirst wrote:Well it's personal that but I prefer a .22 I think.
And I defend you right to think that. I'd rather the choice be there though.
safetyfirst

#258 Post by safetyfirst »

Me too, I'd love to shoot fullbore handguns again but I think the uninterrupted nature of the LBP would win over if I had to choose just one.

When I'm shooting an LBP I honestly don't notice the LB or the rear extension. Just the target.

An interrupted firing cycle I think I'd like more on a rifle.
Sixshot6

#259 Post by Sixshot6 »

safetyfirst wrote:Me too, I'd love to shoot fullbore handguns again but I think the uninterrupted nature of the LBP would win over if I had to choose just one.

When I'm shooting an LBP I honestly don't notice the LB or the rear extension. Just the target.

It makes more sense on a rifle to be fair, though good luck to whoever gets one through, in my experience one could be done on the grandpower possibly but might require a lot more work as Scott mainly built the system with a gas piston gun in mind (why he is designing the 9mm mars with a plug rather a full blowbock conversion). I believe technical designs are the issue before any legal/licensing issues come about. But whoever does design one and whoever wants one. They are welcome to them.

Be nice to see what rifles are designed first, then we can decide next on what can be done.
joe

#260 Post by joe »

Sixshot6 wrote:
safetyfirst wrote:Me too, I'd love to shoot fullbore handguns again but I think the uninterrupted nature of the LBP would win over if I had to choose just one.

It makes more sense on a rifle to be fair, though good luck to whoever gets one through, in my experience one could be done on the grandpower possibly but might require a lot more work as Scott mainly built the system with a gas piston gun in mind (why he is designing the 9mm mars with a plug rather a full blowbock conversion). I believe technical designs are the issue before any legal/licensing issues come about. But whoever does design one and whoever wants one. They are welcome to them.

Be nice to see what rifles are designed first, then we can decide next on what can be done.

the SGC lever release used a simple blow back mech. surly the interuptor would work regardless of whats opearting the slide as all the interuptor does is 'catch' the slide when it recoils