A CG trigger for the Accuracy International

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa

A CG trigger for the Accuracy International

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

This might be of interest to those of you who shoot an Accuracy International… A CG 2 stage trigger fitted to a AI/AE. The top plate and lever are prototypes based on a series of dimensions and drawings I sent to Robert Chombart ages ago. He and I had been discussing the concept of a CG trigger on an AI, I had an AI/AE so I fired off the information to him and here is the finished result.
CG AI.jpg
So what does this mean, well in simple terms a very good 2 stage trigger that can be infinitely adjusted to suit the most demanding and discerning tastes in triggers, this is the proof of concept and I will not be removing it from my rifle any time soon! Initial test are very good, in fact once fitted, set to my liking and tested I promptly forgot about the trigger and concentrated on other things, after all it is a CG trigger and they are that good. The break is perfect, the first and second stages are exactly as I would want and be quite honest why should they be any different as trigger set-up is very simple to perform and the important thing to remember is these triggers are incredibly easy to set up to your specific taste.

Next step is to get these built to suit the AW and AX and we are already receiving enquiries, in fact I had a couple of emails regarding the CG Accuracy International trigger before I had even told anyone, go figure…. :)

There are more versions on the drawing board including a CG trigger for the Barnard type P amongst others so watch this space.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
R.G.C

Re: A CG trigger for the Accuracy International

#2 Post by R.G.C »

There are more versions on the drawing board including a CG trigger for the Barnard type P amongst others so watch this space.[/quote]

David,
In the "comings' you did not mention the bottom safety (in trigger guard) a simple add-on for any existing C.G trigger. This safety being fully ambidextrous, developped primarily for tube rifles who cannot suit a tang safety.

R.G.C
User702
Home club or Range: BRPC

#3 Post by User702 »

Would there be something similar in the offing for the Remmy 700 by any chance???

If there was, I would be very interested.
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

User702, we have triggers with and without safety for the Rem 700 and as Robert has reminded me, there is also a CG Model 22 for the Remington 700 with bottom safety so it can be operated from within the trigger guard.

What they do not currently have is a bolt release system included.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
R.G.C

#5 Post by R.G.C »

ovenpaa wrote:User702, we have triggers with and without safety for the Rem 700 and as Robert has reminded me, there is also a CG Model 22 for the Remington 700 with bottom safety so it can be operated from within the trigger guard.

What they do not currently have is a bolt release system included.
David,

The new batch of bolt stop release levers will be available next week.

R.G.C
User702
Home club or Range: BRPC

#6 Post by User702 »

David, we should talk about this over coffee sometime soon... Before May definitely.