Bug out: where?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Gundoc
Home club or Range: Triple C Tactical

Re: Bug out: where?

#21 Post by Gundoc »

They might not know we have supplies. But, think logically. Blackout, no cooking smells and all of a sudden the smell of food wafts over the fence....

Did anyone watch the Ch4 program blackout?msome interesting points on that
Yes, I work for Lantac.
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#22 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

HALODIN wrote:if you could band together with like-minded people then I suspect your chances of survival increase exponentially.
Like minded people will tend to reach the same conclusions. Ideally you want a broad mix of people with different skills and crucially different points of view.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#23 Post by HALODIN »

Of course, but it's hard enough to find someone that isn't completely absorbed by Facebook and TV to be that picky.
Charlotte the flyer wrote:Like minded people will tend to reach the same conclusions. Ideally you want a broad mix of people with different skills and crucially different points of view.
Scotsgun

#24 Post by Scotsgun »

Gundoc wrote:
So you've got food. They haven't. How long are you going to stay good neighbours.....
My nearest neighbour has approx 100 cows and hundreds of sheep. Most of which can be seen and shot from my Windows. He also has a backhoe loader, manitou, couple of tractors with assorted implements and a big caterpillar digger.

He'll need to man up a bit as I ended up slapping a pair of twats, trying to steal from his yard whilst he stood back. But I reckon his fierce Mrs makes up for him so he can stick around.

Besides, u need the odd numpty for zombie bait, should they ever break through your defences. As they inevitably do.
Gundoc
Home club or Range: Triple C Tactical

#25 Post by Gundoc »

Ah the luxury of not living surrounded by idiots.
Albeit well trained, disciplined, experienced around firearms and generally experienced under fire idiots.

Need to rethink my bug out plans.....
Yes, I work for Lantac.
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#26 Post by Sandgroper »

NZ is our goal in the next 3-5 years.

In the meantime if the SHTF, my mate's croft is a pretty good initial bug out point - between us and our families we should be able to make things difficult for anyone with ill intent... :twisted:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
User702
Home club or Range: BRPC

#27 Post by User702 »

I'm tempted to go classic and head to the nearest big shopping centre, right in the middle of town, collecting a rag-tag bunch of survivors on the way. We may get trimmed down a bit overnight, but it will all work out eventually I'm sure.
BamBam

#28 Post by BamBam »

User702 wrote:I'm tempted to go classic and head to the nearest big shopping centre, right in the middle of town, collecting a rag-tag bunch of survivors on the way. We may get trimmed down a bit overnight, but it will all work out eventually I'm sure.
from what I learned during the last riots, safest place in a big shopping centre is the bookshops.
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#29 Post by meles meles »

We think the armoured dozer is a good idea. Maybe like the Badger AEVs seen from 2:08 + in this clip.

Don't envy them the track bash at the end though, we had our fill of that in Mesopotamia...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Chuck

#30 Post by Chuck »

from what I learned during the last riots, safest place in a big shopping centre is the bookshops.
And maybe job centres???
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!