NRA membership spread.

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

Re: NRA membership spread.

#11 Post by Steve E »

christel wrote:i think that the question asked by Dromia is a very valid question.
Since the NRA has a presence on this forum I see nothing wrong with asking it here.
Are you sure about that. Heather, Karen and John may work for the NRA and NSC but on here they are just members like me. I doubt very much that they can post on here as spokespersons of the NRA. Any views that they post are surley just that, their views. To answer the original question, the answer must come from a duly authorised person from the NRA and why should they on an open forum. This is not their(the NRAs) website so they are under no responsibility to reply.

I think that Dromia should contact his Regional Rep (and you can do this through the NRA website) and ask him to get the information but I get the impression that Dromia is not an NRA member so why would his regional rep reply to him. In fact all of us who are NRA members should contact our Regional Reps and ask for the information and see what response's we get. I shall ask my Rep this weekend if I see him at Bisley.
And for the record I was a regional rep for three years. A most thankless task. Contacting 200 plus clubs and being lucky to get 6 replies from clubs to any letter that I sent out. Most of the replies that I got from clubs were very negative to any thing that I sent out and on the lines of'what business is it of yours what disciplines we shoot or where we shoot'. When I asked some clubs who shot practical shotgun, (something I know nothing about) if I could attend one of their shoots to get information so that I could better represent and understand them, the reply was in the negative and its none of your business. In the three years that I was a Rep I was never contacted by any Club or member in my region who had problems or wanted information. To are certain extent the members/club get the reps thay deserve as they are not very forthcoming. Rant over.
Steve
Blackstuff

#12 Post by Blackstuff »

Steve E wrote: When I asked some clubs who shot practical shotgun, (something I know nothing about) if I could attend one of their shoots to get information so that I could better represent and understand them, the reply was in the negative and its none of your business. Steve
[/quote]

This is probably due to the way the NRA/Bisley have viewed PSG in the past, i.e. hold it in more or less the same regard as scraping something nasty off ones shoe :evil: Its only in the last year or so that Target shotgun has been recognised as a legit discipline let alone Practical. I'm glad to see some of the dinosaurs that held this view (who were probably the same ones that gave the royal shaft to SLR's in the late 80's) are on their way out and things are starting to change down there ;)

BTW the NRA should contact UKPSA if they're after info on PSG, rather than individual clubs :)
DVC
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#13 Post by HeatherW762 »

dodgyrog wrote:As I expected - deafening silence.
Sad really. :cry:

Give me a chance, for goodness sake. For info I have asked if I can provide what details I have however I'm off sick and the network is down at work. No idea if my request got through or if I have an answer.

I do my best but somethings take a little longer to achieve ;)

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#14 Post by dromia »

Steve E

First off I am a current NRA member and have been so for many years as has been iterated on the many posts I have made here.

It is well understood, and has been said here repeatedly, that any employee's of the NRA are only giving their opinions. However in this case it is not an opinion I am after it is some factual data that either exists or doesn't. I am completely sure that Karen, Heather or John are quiet able to tell me whether or not they can provide this info or not. You will also note from my original post that I also said "or point me in the direction to find" so I was not just asking for pubilcation here.

Obviously that is what you are trying to do "point me in the the direction" but as I am unsure as to your status in the NRA other than as an ex regional rep forgive me if I wait for an answer for someone who is current in the organisation.

Again I would state that I did ask the question of the NRA and the regional rep was present at the meeting. In all the years as member of the NRA I have never been contacted by my regional rep and my clubs have only been contacted intermittently and never all of them at the same time.

I desperately want the NRA to work for us shooters that is why I post about it here, it just grieves me so much the NRA gives me no reasons to enable me to champion membership to my fellow shooters other than if you want to individually book targets at Bisley. People in the regions want a bit more than that for a reason to join and if the NRA aspires to be National and grow its membership then it needs to be active in this respect.

That is one of the reasons for asking the question about membership spread, it would either support or deny my assumptions. If the data is not available and the NRA has not interrogated its membership database this way then that also tells me something about the NRA.

In the absence of facts people will make assumptions.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#15 Post by dromia »

Thanks Heather, I have no criticism of you on this matter at all.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
rox

#16 Post by rox »

LOL.

Come on NRA. Why aren't you spending my membership money on hiring staff to monitor all the shooting internet forums so you can respond promptly to anything anyone says or asks anywhere. That would surely be a great way to benefit shooters and shooting in this country. I'd gladly pay higher fees for that.

HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#17 Post by HeatherW762 »

rox wrote:
LOL.

Come on NRA. Why aren't you spending my membership money on hiring staff to monitor all the shooting internet forums so you can respond promptly to anything anyone says or asks anywhere. That would surely be a great way to benefit shooters and shooting in this country. I'd gladly pay higher fees for that.

Does that mean I'm due a pay rise?? Mind you, having to read all the 'drivel' some spout would mean a high turnover in staff or maybe danger money :lol: :lol:

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
John25

#18 Post by John25 »

Having been offline for a while,where did I miss the 'original question'? What was the original question? I took a post on NRA General Council, firstly to represent NSC staff who are NRA members in order to advise and inform, and secondly, as I said in my CV at the time, to represent 'minority' disciplines and help in ant way I could. If I can help anyone, even non NRA members (If you yank a trigger we are kindred spirits) I will do so whether we are drinking buddies or not (Some voice box lubrication is always welcome). That,guys and gals,is my personal and company view. Written in a very windy Dumfries preparing for a wind battered level three PSG Match tomorrow.

Anyone can feel free to PM, email, call in and ask a question on any Bisley and shooting matter and I will do my best to help. I refuse to take part in any NRA 'slagging' (Whilst admitting that Bisley has it's many faults I am honour bound to show loyalty) but I can deal with valid criticism. I can promise that you'll get an honest answer; I have too poor a memory to be mendacious! And, I believe, a spade is only, after all, a small shovel. ;)
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
karen

#19 Post by karen »

Heather = off sick
John = off shooting
Karen = in South Africa

Give us a chance! :roll:

The info is available - just might take a while to get it

Love

Karen
John25

#20 Post by John25 »

Are you in South Africa then?

I hope it rains :twisted:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk