icon .22lr sig sauer p226 and glock lbp

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Tony-c

Re: icon .22lr sig sauer p226 and glock lbp

#11 Post by Tony-c »

I suppose it depends on what you want it for, but personally I rather have a buckmark with belt and holster and a burris scope on the top for the same money, as well as a few spare mags I expect
just as I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel.......... I realised it was just my boss with more work and a torch.
JSC
Home club or Range: NRA

#12 Post by JSC »

Why offer a 10 round mag with the Glock? Surely one of the reasons you'd pick one of those would be mag capacity or isn't it possible with the .22 conversion?
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#13 Post by Blackstuff »

Apparently you can get different followers for the mags that bumps the capacity up to 15rds. My mates got his on order now, looking forward to looking at it only. Yes. Definitely just LOOKING at it. :grin:
DVC
JSC
Home club or Range: NRA

#14 Post by JSC »

Presumably you could use one of these?

Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

Saying what it is might help! :lol: Obviously its a magazine, presumably a hi-cap from the Sig Mosquito?
DVC
techguy

#16 Post by techguy »

I hope they do some work on the trigger, the standard p226 trigger is nasty...
phaedra1106

#17 Post by phaedra1106 »

While I like the idea of a Sig p226 (cos I can shoot decent groups with the proper one!) I certainly wouldn't be up to paying around £400 more that the top of the range Czech Grand Power X-Trim Plus from Caledonian Arms for the Sig (or Glock) name.

If they made one in 9 or 10mm I'd deffo be interested!.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Tony-c

#18 Post by Tony-c »

indeed, I handled a full Xtrim and was actually most impressed with the trigger etc, still not taken on the look or the accuract, but I really struggle to see how this p226 is about 300 more than the Xtrim
just as I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel.......... I realised it was just my boss with more work and a torch.
Hairydavey
Home club or Range: Looe Rifle/Pistol Club, Dutchy Shooting Association.

#19 Post by Hairydavey »

£1350!? Owwww. I'll keep my kitted out K22 X trim whisper thanks. Good to have more lbp choices though.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#20 Post by Mike357 »

Question, to all those who feel it is too dear. The Sig is a quality metal framed pistol. People are paying £800-£900 for a polymer (posh plastic) framed K22. How does a company recoup the R&D, the flights to Germany, phone calls, design time, CAD costs and the cost of developing and buying barrels as the gun doesn't have a Sig barrel? Not to mention buying the frames and slides in the first place. And Icon Arms need to make a profit on top.

The market for these is tiny yet like the Europa LBR and the Wilson Matchmasters people are willing to innovate. If you don't like the price, then just have a wee think about the above.

Now, there is a point where some take the p***. I would say that £5k for the 223 LR is OTT.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!