Material Offcuts available

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa

Re: Material Offcuts available

#51 Post by Ovenpaa »

Well done that man! There is nothing better than grabbing a lump of material out of the scrap bin and turning into something useful.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#52 Post by Demonic69 »

There's nothing better than actually having a usable lump of material! :D
Ovenpaa

#53 Post by Ovenpaa »

Right now I seem to have a lot of swarf.... :p
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal

#54 Post by 1066 »

I was having a poke about in my box of offcuts (very generously donated by Ovenpaa) on Friday and found this little gem, it's a 20mao rail to fit my new plinker, a CZ 527 .223. Of course it took a bit of modifying but it fits perfectly now.

The CZ 527 is dinky little rifle and has odd sized dovetails machined into the receiver (16mm) I searched around for a one piece 20moa rail but couldn't find anything to suit so I made one myself and topped it off with a bit of Chinese picatinny rail.

I have several odd scopes laying around but they all looked too big for this little rifle so I plonked on a little 1.5-5 x 20 Whitetail classic. I bore sighted it at home and took it to Bisley on Saturday. Seven shots on the zero range go me to 2.7" high for a 600 yard zero.

Straight off to Century range - quite a stiff breeze from the left so guessed at 8 mins windage. First shot elevation spot on but just off the black at 3 o'clock, wound on another couple of mins and everything in the black after that.

I picked up the rifle from a member of the Varminting forum but Saturday was the first chance I had to shoot it. Very pleased.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Alpha1

#55 Post by Alpha1 »

Good job well done.