Reloading with 7mm Berger Hybrids

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Ovenpaa

Reloading with 7mm Berger Hybrids

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Well I have just bitten the bullet (Hah!) and ordered 500 7mm/180 Berger Hybrids plus some 155.5 VLD's for my AI.

Has anyone tried the 7mm Hybrids yet?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
spud
Home club or Range: Grovesmall Arms

Re: Reloading with 7mm Berger Hybrids

#2 Post by spud »

i thought you might have tries the new 7mm 180's from sierra first dave
ImageImage
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

I was very tempted by the SMK's but the BC on the Hybrids look good and they are not as finicky about OAL either so I will give them a go. If all goes according to plan these should not cost much more than the SMK's and Berger build quality is usually very good.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Gun Pimp

#4 Post by Gun Pimp »

Dave,

You must have a good price on the Bergers!

Vince
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Gun Pimp wrote:Dave,

You must have a good price on the Bergers!

Vince
I will let you know when they arrive but hopefully it is a good price, certainly a lot better than UK prices.
/d

Shed Journal
Gun Pimp

#6 Post by Gun Pimp »

Does that mean you are getting them from outside the UK?

Source? - or is it a secret?

Cheers
Vince
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

They are coming from Mike at Reloading International. Cost wise it is a bit of a saving, it means I can try the Hybrid's which are not easy to find in the UK plus the 155.5's were on offer at $37.09/100 so have to be worth a look, not sure how they will stack up against my trued and tested Scenar's

You are welcome to test drive a few if you have not tried them before ;)
/d

Shed Journal
Gun Pimp

#8 Post by Gun Pimp »

Dave,

I don't know this supplier - can you enlighten me please?

The 155.5 Berger is a great bullet - if you can get 'em - for reasonable money!

Having said that, Lapua are persuing a new version of the Scenar which is made to more accurate standards - presumably in maintaining better concenrtricity in drawing the jacket. I have the 223 and 6mm to test but not yet the 308.

Vince
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

When I was at Newark moaning to Stuart about the cost of Berger bullets he said "Try International Reloading in Oregon" so I made a note and checked the site out over the weekend and placed an order, the first postage price break was USD54 so I just kept adding until it jumped to the next on and then took something off :)

Reloading components need an export licence so I have filled that in and emailed it off so assuming that goes through OK I should have some bullets in the next 3-4 weeks.

I am a big fan of the 155 Scenar in it's current form and have shot a good few thousand in my time so it will be interesting to see how the 155.5's compare.

Any ideas when the new 155 Scenar's are coming out?
/d

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

Update - everything looks to be going to plan and the first lot of bullets has been despatched, I am also talking to Mike about a stock for hunting comp project :D
/d

Shed Journal