BR99 Billet lower serious interest list

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

Re: BR99 Billet lower serious interest list

#41 Post by HALODIN »

Sounds dangerous.
ovenpaa wrote:The interface design is open to concussion
Blackstuff

#42 Post by Blackstuff »

ovenpaa wrote:Tine is limited now as I would like to kick this off ASAP, I just need a little bit more interest. The interface design is open to concussion, I have opted for the military buffer tube design with a separate receiver back plate however I am open to suggestions on final design features.
One of the current stock adaptors only allows you to screw a buffer tube on e.g.

http://www.toothandnailarmory.com/product/TN018.html

(Sorry photobucket won't let me upload anything at the moment for some reason).
I would be interested in the proper AR spec rear (shown in my previous picture) as this would permit the use of the UBR stock, and other upgrade back plates e.g. ones with sling loops attached.

N.B. I was speaking with someone at the weekend who potentially wants to make an order of 5 full Bora's with the upgraded lowers. Can you PM me your email address David so i can put the two of you in contact.

Thanks
DVC
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#43 Post by Thorney »

The Tooth n Nail one is not recommended for the BR99 as the stock is hollow, I've got one here but not tried to fit it yet. I fitted the rest of the parts though :)

If you need more interest then if you can make sure it can be fitted with an ambi mag release (BR99 lower just cant be done apparently) then I'd have 3 of them.
Blackstuff

#44 Post by Blackstuff »

It was given as an example to show the buffer tube only plate, rather than the proper AR-15 back plate please don't complicate things more! sign01

Nice shooter by the way tongueout
DVC
Grima
Home club or Range: wales

#45 Post by Grima »

Ovenpaa, good luck with your lower.

Purchased my BR in Jan 14

Fitted M4 stock in Feb 14 (the one the yanks say will not work because they make parts for the MKA not the BR)
Over 2000rd's High & low brass, works great.

I like to clean my BR properly so that means stripping the lower. Problems I have found,
It's a pain to keep removing buffer nut & locking screw then unscrewing buffer tube. This might sound lazy but in time you will see wear on the threads as they need some form of lock tight as the recoil from 12g will un lock the buffer nut making the buffer tube loose.

To solve the problem I drilled a hole in back of the "mill speck" buffer tube, with a long 6mm hex I can now remove the bolt without removing the buffer tube. As the butt stock slides on/off this makes stripping easy.

Just a bit of friendly advice.

to other people,
By the way you can fit any butt stock + sling att to this stock adapter
yes you can have a duel mag release & double safety on the BR lower
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#46 Post by Thorney »

Grima wrote:Ovenpaa, good luck with your lower.

Purchased my BR in Jan 14

Fitted M4 stock in Feb 14 (the one the yanks say will not work because they make parts for the MKA not the BR)
Over 2000rd's High & low brass, works great.

I like to clean my BR properly so that means stripping the lower. Problems I have found,
It's a pain to keep removing buffer nut & locking screw then unscrewing buffer tube. This might sound lazy but in time you will see wear on the threads as they need some form of lock tight as the recoil from 12g will un lock the buffer nut making the buffer tube loose.

To solve the problem I drilled a hole in back of the "mill speck" buffer tube, with a long 6mm hex I can now remove the bolt without removing the buffer tube. As the butt stock slides on/off this makes stripping easy.

Just a bit of friendly advice.

to other people,
By the way you can fit any butt stock + sling att to this stock adapter
yes you can have a duel mag release & double safety on the BR lower
Hi. I don't suppose you could point me in the direction of the ambi release could you?
Ovenpaa

#47 Post by Ovenpaa »

Grima, the BR99 method of pulling the upper and lower together with the single rear point is a nuisance when it comes to disassembly. I do have a couple of ideas on this for the future however for now I need to get the current lowers project finished.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Blackstuff

#48 Post by Blackstuff »

ovenpaa wrote:Grima, the BR99 method of pulling the upper and lower together with the single rear point is a nuisance when it comes to disassembly. I do have a couple of ideas on this for the future however for now I need to get the current lowers project finished.
So you have started them? :shakeshout: Thank god, this money is burning a hole in my pocket like a pound of thermite :lol:
DVC
bofor
Home club or Range: Great WesternShooting Club

#49 Post by bofor »

Have you really started production on them ?

What is the full spec regarding Ambi safety,mag release, etc etc.?

And do you have a final cost ?

Thanks
John
    happyal
    Home club or Range: Peverel Rifle Club

#50 Post by happyal »

Do you have a good idea of cost?