Anyone interested in a Eliseo B1 stock LH?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Holds Tight

Anyone interested in a Eliseo B1 stock LH?

#1 Post by Holds Tight »

Reason for question.....I shoot on a team where I'm the only member with a tube gun and it's just too different than my teams equipment. Sights, handstop, bipod.......all vastly differ. I'm the most junior member and I do like the stock but with less than 200 rounds in it come ups and known zeros are way off from the traditional stocked FB rifles. This is exacerbated by then painfull fact that I cant shoot at more that 50 meters in my home country and only shoot 300m plus when I go overseas to compete.

Should I stick with it or just get a Robertson or Macmillan stock?

I was shooting 25m to confirm come ups yesterday and thought this might be the path of least resistance...... :?:
Holds Tight
Bermuda

Things my wife hates:
My Barnard stocked in an Eliseo B1 .308, B.A.T. .308, Anschutz .22 stocked in an Eliseo AN1, Walther .22\.32 GSP, Ruger GP 101 .357, S&W 745 .45 and sometimes.........ME!
Gun Pimp

Re: Anyone interested in a Eliseo B1 stock LH?

#2 Post by Gun Pimp »

Holds Tight,

There is a lot of interest in the Eliseo over here and the man won't ship to the UK anymore.

If you really want to get rid of it, I'm sure there will be a few takers - the left-hand configuration shrinks the market a bit but you never know.

Cheers
Vince
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Holds Tight wrote:Reason for question.....I shoot on a team where I'm the only member with a tube gun and it's just too different than my teams equipment. Sights, handstop, bipod.......all vastly differ. I'm the most junior member and I do like the stock but with less than 200 rounds in it come ups and known zeros are way off from the traditional stocked FB rifles. This is exacerbated by then painfull fact that I cant shoot at more that 50 meters in my home country and only shoot 300m plus when I go overseas to compete.

Should I stick with it or just get a Robertson or Macmillan stock?

I was shooting 25m to confirm come ups yesterday and thought this might be the path of least resistance...... :?:
You could certainly go down the more traditional path with a Robertson, they do make nice stocks if you can get hold of one (Delivery used to be very poor to the UK)

Are your come ups any different to a conventionally stocked rifle? Yes I would give an Eliseo house room ;)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
rox

#4 Post by rox »

Holds Tight wrote:Reason for question.....I shoot on a team where I'm the only member with a tube gun and it's just too different than my teams equipment. Sights, handstop, bipod.......all vastly differ. I'm the most junior member and I do like the stock but with less than 200 rounds in it come ups and known zeros are way off from the traditional stocked FB rifles. This is exacerbated by then painfull fact that I cant shoot at more that 50 meters in my home country and only shoot 300m plus when I go overseas to compete.
How about a Grunig RS III ?

You can drop in your Anschutz for 50m, a 6BR/6XC etc for 300m, and a .308 for TR. Even better, buy 3. Elevations and fittings comparable/compatible with most systems.

Holds Tight

#5 Post by Holds Tight »

Come ups are different due to using a Phoenix rear sight mounted on a picatinny rail coupled with a high boy Riles or Right front sight, I'd be in heaven if I could put on an RPA\Central\Warner side mount rear and use a Centra front. I have spoken to Rolf and LOVE their design but since I have not as yet won the lottery, I'm wishing and awanting.
Holds Tight
Bermuda

Things my wife hates:
My Barnard stocked in an Eliseo B1 .308, B.A.T. .308, Anschutz .22 stocked in an Eliseo AN1, Walther .22\.32 GSP, Ruger GP 101 .357, S&W 745 .45 and sometimes.........ME!
rox

#6 Post by rox »

Holds Tight wrote:since I have not as yet won the lottery, I'm wishing and awanting.
There is that aspect. The current state of Sterling has made them outrageous over here.

Why the preference for Centra at the front over Riles?

Holds Tight

#7 Post by Holds Tight »

rox wrote:
Holds Tight wrote:since I have not as yet won the lottery, I'm wishing and awanting.
There is that aspect. The current state of Sterling has made them outrageous over here.

Why the preference for Centra at the front over Riles?

(I have both!)
Centra can be adjusted in increments of a minute while the Riles is six minutes per increment. It's hard to go back to a 22mm or 19mm after seeing target boards thru a 30mm! I've never met the makers of Centra sights but both Wayne (RightSight) and Scott (Riles) are helpfull to a fault and make topnotch gear. If you could get a 30mm micro adjustable sight with the range of a Riles or RightSight tell me where and how much...
Holds Tight
Bermuda

Things my wife hates:
rox

#8 Post by rox »

Holds Tight wrote:Centra can be adjusted in increments of a minute
Aaah.

I have 3 from Scott. Never need to adjust the back by more than about 2 minutes, so I wouldn't know what to do with 1 minute adjustment at the front. Like to keep that end simple!

Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

What rifle do you shoot with Rox?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
rox

#10 Post by rox »

ovenpaa wrote:What rifle do you shoot with Rox?
I shoot Grunigs.