K22 Red Dot Sight

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

K22 Red Dot Sight

#1 Post by Zilberbak »

Just spent an hour filing the rail channels on a FabDefense Universal Mounting Bracket to get it on the K22 bottom rail but now it is on it was well worth it. Fitted a Sightmark micro sight and looks the bees knees. Will post photo as soon as l can, unless someone beats me to it with their own.
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: K22 Red Dot Sight

#2 Post by Mike357 »

Sounds like a ball ache. I've ordered a K22 Race Gun with an integral red dot. Will collect at The Phoenix, a year after asking Scott if they could do a K22 similar to the S&W M&P C.O.R.E.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Primer

#3 Post by Primer »

Zilberbak wrote:Just spent an hour filing the rail channels on a FabDefense Universal Mounting Bracket to get it on the K22 bottom rail but now it is on it was well worth it. Fitted a Sightmark micro sight and looks the bees knees. Will post photo as soon as l can, unless someone beats me to it with their own.
Just waiting for mine to arrive, what did you have to file on it?
When people ask stupid questions, I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers
PrecisionGunnerUK
Home club or Range: Wakefield Rifle and Pistol Club, North Cotes Butts, Warwickshire Armourers Rifle Club

#4 Post by PrecisionGunnerUK »

Hi

I did a video about this very subject in January ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_-suwfy ... re&index=3

Shows how the FAB universal pistol mount is fitted.

Cheers !
Paul M.
I love shooting, me ;-)
Correct grammer is so important
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

That is a good video.

I do like the bit "Sounds awful but its a gun smithing hammer!" I also have such a hammer or two.... clapclap
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Zilberbak

#6 Post by Zilberbak »

I needed to file the two horizontal v-channels in the bracket that are supposed to slide on the horizontal v-lugs on the under rail. They need to be taken off a bit along their entire length and then offered on until the bracket slides on (obviously). I left it a bit tight to make sure the bracket was solid. Take the barrel shroud off as it can get scratched with the on/ off process as did mine slightly.

Obviously follow good safety practise before handling the gun (sorry if that sounds patronising).
Zilberbak

Primer

#7 Post by Primer »

Zilberbak wrote:I needed to file the two horizontal v-channels in the bracket that are supposed to slide on the horizontal v-lugs on the under rail. They need to be taken off a bit along their entire length and then offered on until the bracket slides on (obviously). I left it a bit tight to make sure the bracket was solid. Take the barrel shroud off as it can get scratched with the on/ off process as did mine slightly.

Obviously follow good safety practise before handling the gun (sorry if that sounds patronising).
Thanks my mount arrived today, not bad only a week and it came all the way from Israel, faster than many uk sellers.

5 mins with my trusty Dremel with a sanding disk and a cleanup with a flat file and its now fitted, just waiting till Thursday to zero in my shield mini-site (j point) red dot to see how it goes as may use it in a comp on Sunday. Also now need to do some fettling to my holster to get it to fit with the mount.
When people ask stupid questions, I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers
Zilberbak

#8 Post by Zilberbak »

I thought of using my Aldi-dremmel but was concerned at taking too much off. Mine also came from Israel and as you say delivered faster than many UK suppliers. I like that you can still.use the open sights with the bracket on. Best of luck with your comp.
Zilberbak

Zilberbak

#9 Post by Zilberbak »

Picture of bracket and sight fitted to the K22.
Attachments
IMG_1660 (800x600).jpg
Zilberbak

saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#10 Post by saddler »

Zilberbak wrote:Just spent an hour filing the rail channels on a FabDefense Universal Mounting Bracket...
So, not THAT Universal then?!?!?!?

They must have used the term Universal as a product name not a description of intended use