Single shot 9mm UK legal pistol anyone?

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
DavidRees
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: JSPC; Tayside; NRA

Re: Single shot 9mm UK legal pistol anyone?

#81 Post by DavidRees »

The lock time is presumably greater than a system where one chambers a round via a closed bolt action, as with a .22RF Anschutz; I'd also be a bit worried that the movement that takes place, after pulling the trigger but before the bolt has closed and the round is fired, will reduce the overall accuracy potential of the pistol.

I'm not sure this design is for me; unfortunately.

David.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#82 Post by Ovenpaa »

Calculated lock time is 7,0ms so around the same as a larger Semi Auto. The problem is the weight of the bolt as there is a trade off between lock time and function and it is something that will need fine tuning during the primer ignition trials. Luckily I should be able to gain access to some exceptional high speed camera equipment so the exact time can be confirmed.

At the end of the day this is not a precision pistol however with good recoil control it should be reasonably precise at 25m.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Charlie Muggins

#83 Post by Charlie Muggins »

ovenpaa wrote:Something else I will share is it is of a blowback design from an open bolt. Totally S1 legal as there is no provision for a magazine, nor could it be easily modified to accept one. This means drop a round into the well, pull the trigger, bolt moves forward and picks up the round, advances it into the chamber, bang, bolt comes back and ejects the case, bolt is held back by the disconnect, drop the next round in and continue as before.
Sounds similar to a.22 short pistol a Murcan built a few years ago and posted on one of the various gun smithing forums. A beautifully simple and elegant design.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#84 Post by dromia »

In the 1950s Winchester took out a Model 55 single shot semi auto .22 rifle, not to be confused with the Model 55 underlever, which worked on the same principle. It didn't catch on and only 40 odd thousand were made so collectable nowadays.

Many years ago I had a Mexican .22 through my hands which worked the same way, rough as anything but shot the bunnies just fine.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#85 Post by phaedra1106 »

Any more news on this, drawings etc.?
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#86 Post by Ovenpaa »

The person who is going to do the 3D modelling is tied up on other things so I am a bit behind. The moment I have the 3D back I will post some pictures up and start the machines up to finish the first light metal model.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#87 Post by TRG-22 »

So what happened next?
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
BamBam

#88 Post by BamBam »

Zombie thread re-incarnation!

lol
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#89 Post by Andy632 »

I'm in for one.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#90 Post by TRG-22 »

Well yes, I was very conscious of that, but OTOH the story just stopped, waiting for drawings/photos, and my curiosity would not go away. I decided that I wouldn't be re-opening an old topic that was done and dusted, more bumping one that needed finishing :D

FYI - I fould this cos I searched to see what there was here about the Thompson Contender....
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.