Pimping the BR99

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
phaedra1106

Re: Pimping the BR99

#61 Post by phaedra1106 »

If you're sending stuff out to have Cerakote applied James at Jager SA in Colchester is a lot cheaper and does excellent work, he's a trade member on The Stalking Directory. http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/m ... 4-Jager-SA
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Ovenpaa

#62 Post by Ovenpaa »

I use a couple of people, James is one of them and his work is always good.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
techguy

#63 Post by techguy »

Just to confirm, I spoke with Matt at T&N last night, and this was his response on international shipping

"Yes, we just got approval to ship most items for shotguns.
We cannot ship triggers, mags, optics, or stocks. Send me a list of what you want I will email you an inv. and a Paypal request for money, we can ship right away."

Putting my order in shortly :)
Blackstuff

#64 Post by Blackstuff »

Did mine yesterday, i hope Customs misses my package like they did with the last one fingerscrossed
DVC
happyal
Home club or Range: Peverel Rifle Club

#65 Post by happyal »

Hello,

I'm interested in buying a BR99 from you, I have a couple of question, what is the best way of contacting you?
Ovenpaa

#66 Post by Ovenpaa »

happyal wrote:Hello,

I'm interested in buying a BR99 from you, I have a couple of question, what is the best way of contacting you?
Contact by telephone or email are both good.

Landline 01234 295229
Email david (at) shootingshed.co.uk

You can usually find me on this number during the day and early evenings.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#67 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ambidextrous safety.

Currently the safety on the BR99 is for right handed shooters only, would there be any interest in an Ambidextrous safety?
/d

Shed Journal
Blackstuff

#68 Post by Blackstuff »

Depends on cost :grin: It would be handy for weak shoulder stages but its nothing i'd lose sleep over, but then i'm right handed
DVC
Dangermouse

#69 Post by Dangermouse »

Agree with above, very low on my list of upgrades. However if it included a larger paddle on the left side and was smoother in opperation then it would climb up my list.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Ovenpaa

#70 Post by Ovenpaa »

One thing that has niggled me is the standard BR99 safety. The standard AR15 type safety selector is held in place by a spring and plunger accessed by removing the hand grip. Once the grip is removed the spring can be pulled out and with a bit of wiggling of the selector the plunger drops out and the selector can be removed.

The BR99 standard lower has a fixed hand grip, the actual method of holding the selector in place is very similar, it has a plunger held under tension with a spring however it also has a small screw at the top to hold the plunger and spring in place. To remove the selector you need so separate the upper and lower, then remove the retaining screw, lift the spring out and then wiggle the selector with the lower inverted. Then wiggle it some more, then tap it on the side, then get a torch and peer inside the hole, then tap it some more, followed by trying to ease it out with a small screwdriver and some sideways force... It does come out eventually however it is not the easiest task in the world.

This has set me thinking, do I use the original safety selector and method of fitting or do I move to the more conventional AR15 bottom spring type. The slight downside to this is additional parts are required, namely a new selector, spring and plunger and if am going down this route should I look at fitting an ambidextrous selector for left hookers are weak shoulder stages.

Hence my question.
/d

Shed Journal