Chargemaster adapter tube thingy

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa

Chargemaster adapter tube thingy

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

The Shooting SHED RCBS Chargemaster adapter tube thingy

Have you ever tried throwing a larger kernel powder with the Chargemaster and found it over throws from time to time? One of our preferred powders is H4831SC and Christel was for ever muttering about the CM occasionally over throwing. I experimented with all sorts of things to give a quick fix however they never seemed to do the job so I decided to build my own if only to keep the Viking happy and here it is.

Manufactured from polished 6082T6 this small adapter pushes into the end of the CM feed tube with a twisting motion, the inner edge is perfectly blended to pick up the kernels of powder as they are fed and the exit end of the tube has a carefully sized radius to allow just the right number of kernels to fall.

Now I have to hold my hands up at this stage and say I just build the things as throwing powder drives me to distraction however the Viking assures me this little adapter has reduced powder over throws by 99% or better and she is certainly getting more cases filled so it must be working!

We still have not thought of a proper name for it so for the time being it will have to be known as the RCBS Chargemaster adapter tube thing.

Available here for GBP9.99 with free postage:

http://shootingshed.co.uk/oscom/product ... cts_id=176

/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

Re: Chargemaster adapter tube thingy

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Only two left of the first batch so I will be building a second run tomorrow. tongueout
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mail2pete

#3 Post by Mail2pete »

Got mine, and have been using it today. Every load came out at the required weight with no overthrows. Works like a charm.
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

:shakeshout: :shakeshout: :shakeshout: :shakeshout: :shakeshout:
DaveT

#5 Post by DaveT »

David.....Well Done!

I use H4831sc in my 6mm SLR and used to dread the number of mis-throws from my Chargemaster....drove me mad!

I have only just today had a chance to try out your 'thingy' modification and EVERY charge is now bang on.....God knows why it works but it just does....many thanks.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#6 Post by Mike357 »

Comobulator!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
DaveT

#7 Post by DaveT »

Had to look that one up!
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

It works incredibly well on H4831SC, we have also tried it with Varget and a few others and it ran superbly. To date since I built the first ever one the Viking has seen her CM over throw on two occasions only out of countless throws so she is very happy with it. Now all I have to do is work out how to build a 'thingy' for my rifle so it puts 99.9% of my shots flawlessly in the V...
/d

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

DaveT wrote:Had to look that one up!
...and?

I can't find it sign85
DaveT

#10 Post by DaveT »

ovenpaa wrote:It works incredibly well on H4831SC, we have also tried it with Varget and a few others and it ran superbly. To date since I built the first ever one the Viking has seen her CM over throw on two occasions only out of countless throws so she is very happy with it. Now all I have to do is work out how to build a 'thingy' for my rifle so it puts 99.9% of my shots flawlessly in the V...
I will take one of those when its ready!