Diversity

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Dangermouse

Diversity

#1 Post by Dangermouse »

Just wondering how the NRA is doing on the diversity front.

I am trying to remember if there are any females in any position of management?

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
karen

Re: Diversity

#2 Post by karen »

I believe the answer to that is not any more
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#3 Post by saddler »

I think they are also under-represented in the area of late-40s Mackem slap-heads

....where do I apply?
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#4 Post by Gaz »

They definitely need more journalists. Especially the variety who come equipped with a pair of rusty Enfields!
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
zeroveez

#5 Post by zeroveez »

"I believe the answer to that is not any more" Their loss, baby.
308, 6.5-06, 223.
I am taking my Alzheimers tablets;... when I remember.
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

I am being told that the NRA have terminated the contracts of Heather and Amanda. For the record I/we have always had superb service from both of them. We mostly dealt with Heather and she was always very good at getting back to us with the information or advice we needed, Amanda dealt with our entries into Trade shows and again things always went smoothly, I feel very disappointed for both Heather and Amanda if indeed this is the case. Can anyone confirm or deny this information?

If indeed it is true it will be interesting to see how the NRA supports us in 2014 both as individual and trade members.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

#7 Post by Dangermouse »

Terrible news.
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
rox

#8 Post by rox »

ovenpaa wrote:Can anyone confirm or deny this information?
I bumped into Heather at a local tyre fitter in December, and was a little embarrassed when I asked if things were settling-down at work to be told that she'd received the news of her termination the day before.

Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

Bugger, and she had only just got back after her knee operation. Certainly not what is needed in the run up to Christmas.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#10 Post by Gaz »

The last time I saw Heather in the flesh she was on crutches after a knee operation. Hugely insensitive to sack someone recovering from a medical procedure.
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.