SHED Festive give-away

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Maggot

Re: SHED Festive give-away

#31 Post by Maggot »

Matt wrote:Or.........

Neck turning lathe similar to the 21st century one but for the k and m neck turning rig
Still out on this as I don't think we need to do it mate.

I am going to nail Russell and Ian on this

What about a bushing die that has a micrometer stem (like the bullet seaters) to control the sizing length?

Then you could experiment with different sizing lengths on the necks while being able to accurately repeat what works best while also being able to change bushes if required.
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#32 Post by Sandgroper »

I've only just clocked this thread :oops: after already asking David to make me what I want - a Thread Alignment Tool http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools ... 22229.aspx in 5/8 UNF and a 0.25 dia shank.

Anyway that's my idea; thread alignment tools in various threads and calibres - maybe even with removable shanks so you can mix and match depending on your rifle and need.

fingerscrossed
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Ovenpaa

#33 Post by Ovenpaa »

Some great suggestions so far and the final decision will be made this weekend so you have a couple more days to have a think!

:goodjob:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
rox

#34 Post by rox »

Maggot wrote:What about a bushing die that has a micrometer stem (like the bullet seaters) to control the sizing length?
:shakeshout:

... or how about a kind of round thing you could attach underneath the corners of a vehicle so that it sort of 'rolls' along?

farmer7
Home club or Range: Inverness-shire

#35 Post by farmer7 »

Any updates here yet??!!!! bangbang
greenshoots

#36 Post by greenshoots »

extractor grove depth cutting tool

greenshoots
Green by Design
Christel
Site Admin

#37 Post by Christel »

Matt wrote:How about a good affordable adjustable spotting scope stand for when prone, not a massive tall height adjustable one and not a table top tripod - something just for when you're shooting bangbang
The winner of the SAS is...Matt. Great suggestion.

We have really anguished over this, good suggestions all around :good:

The runner up is Greenshoots with the extractor grove depth cutting tool. We would really like to know what you mean by this, care to explain in more detail? Let us know which colour beanie hat you would like.
Maggot

#38 Post by Maggot »

rox wrote:
Maggot wrote:What about a bushing die that has a micrometer stem (like the bullet seaters) to control the sizing length?
:shakeshout:

... or how about a kind of round thing you could attach underneath the corners of a vehicle so that it sort of 'rolls' along?

Or one with a size ten boot that kicks smart arses up the arse ;)

Waste of time anyway, Discussed it with Dave and you can achieve the same effect with a vernier under the collar against the body of the die.

Fool and their money etc etc :55:
Matt
Home club or Range: Bisley

#39 Post by Matt »

christel wrote:
Matt wrote:How about a good affordable adjustable spotting scope stand for when prone, not a massive tall height adjustable one and not a table top tripod - something just for when you're shooting bangbang
The winner of the SAS is...Matt. Great suggestion.

We have really anguished over this, good suggestions all around :good:

The runner up is Greenshoots with the extractor grove depth cutting tool. We would really like to know what you mean by this, care to explain in more detail? Let us know which colour beanie hat you would like.
Wahay, thanks, I look forward to seeing the stand if it gets into production :good:

sign92 sign92 sign92 :goodjob:
greenshoots

#40 Post by greenshoots »

at the moment i am converting 220 swift to 6.5x54ms to do this i will have to cut a deeper extractor grove which will entail me chucking each one in my micro lathe, what im looking for is an adjustable collar to slip over the cartridge, with a adjustable for depth cutter to cut the extractor to to depth and profile, hand held job similar to neck turning but at the other end

greenshoots
Green by Design