A return of Handguns, a discussion.

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

Re: A return of Handguns, a discussion.

#111 Post by HALODIN »

Hopefully they will!
Daniel11

#112 Post by Daniel11 »

I think it is simply a case of appeasing the Politicians and the Publics Concerns. A pre-1996 style system would never get through, because people would jsut say 'if a nutjob could get them before, they will get them again'. As a previous poster said, playing up the Olympic aspect would help, especially for .22s. Also I think some Crime statistics about .22 handguns would help, for instance, if you could say that no crimes have been committed by a .22 pistol in x years, presuming that most illegal Handgun crime is done with fullbores. I think that from a political perspective, not 'legalising' handguns, which gets people afraid of an american style system, but 'moving' small-calibre (.22) pistols to Section 1 wouldn't look too bad, and i would say could get a majority in Parliament.
SevenSixTwo

#113 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Don't all citizens of Europe have the same rights/freedoms?... isn't that how it works now?
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#114 Post by meles meles »

No, ooman, no, no, NO !

Surely you aren't gullible enough to believe that 'us' have the same rights as 'them' ?

Anyway, we're not citizens, we're subjects. 'They' haven't managed to do away with Liz and impose President Blair on 'us'. Yet.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Enfield Enthusiast

#115 Post by Enfield Enthusiast »

The problem with handguns is that it is associated with the Dunblane massacre & politicians are too scared to re-legalise them, because of votes. When Nigel Farage went on telly over his handgun policy, Mike Yardley, Mike Wells or Mike Everleigh ( gun experts) should have been on the debate to set the record straight about handguns to counter Professor Squires made-up opinions on them. Id love to meet Squires one day, to chin him over Brighton Pier. Just think, once upon a time one could shoot on the Pier & the Pier had an underground gun club at one time.