The Støtteben F/TR bipod is coming back!

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa

The Støtteben F/TR bipod is coming back!

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

The Støtteben is coming back for one more run due to popular demand!
Bipod1.jpg
Bipod_large.jpg

The The SHED Støtteben F/TR bipod is manufactured from 6082 T6, A4 and 316 stainless with some Nylon washers thrown in for good measure so it is not going to rust!

This tried and tested super wide and super light F/TR bipod is the evolution of the original SHED ‘Plain’ bipod and is lighter, wider and sleeker, it has many new features such as the T Nut assembly has a second fixing which is an M6 grub screw designed to screw into a dimple in the rail to give a second locking point and also act as a recoil lug, this means the bipod is always returned to the same position on the rifle when it is fitted. The elevation screw pitch has been reduced to give finer elevation control yet still with the left/right hand thread system so no more winding for 10 minutes to get the height you need. The feet are wider with added radiuses to give even tracking regardless of the width the bipod is set to.

Finish is vapour hone with hard anodising so a very flat black without any shiny bits to reflect light. The leg sections from the elevation fixings to the head are solid sided to give maximum rigidity and triangulation and this also gives somewhere to put the name of the bipod ‘Støtteben’ Which for those of you that do not read Danish means stabiliser. Støtteben are the stabiliser wheels children have fitted to their bicycles so now you know

Vital Statistics:

Main bipod assembly: 6082 T6 aluminium.
Finish: Vapour honed and black anodised surfaces.
Screws: A4 Stainless Steel.
Elevations shaft: Stainless Steel.
Elevation nuts: 316 stainless steel.
Weight: Approximately 690 grams (24.3 Ozs)
Weight of optional toggle lock 32 grams (1.15 Ozs)
Maximum recommended width: 785,0mm (31 Inches)
Maximum recommended height: 380,0mm (13.5 Inches)

Accompanying the bipod is a spares/options kit comprising of:

1x Elevation nut retaining clip.
1x Toggle lock and washer.

We will be starting the next run very shortly and this really is the last one so order early to avoid disappointment.

We can also supply this bipod with an optional Accuracy International interface for a small charge.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
EagerNoSkill

Re: The Støtteben F/TR bipod is coming back!

#2 Post by EagerNoSkill »

Hi Ovenpaa and Christel

I used this bipod exclusively at the FCWC and it performed brilliantly.
A full review will be posted in a short while (about 2 weeks - works is crazy kukkuk kukkuk kukkuk )
In fact some crazy SAFFA insisted on buying my one as soon as the champs ended.
So needless to say - I BOOK ONE NOW!!!!! :good: :good:

Feedback by viewers (Satn Pate / Warren Dean etc..... besides the consistent surprise at the weight and width of the FWBL (ok ok RWBL)
* ps this has been a constant fight - the PC version is "Real Wide But Light"
The other consistent feedback was about the excellent engineering and finish on the Støtteben F/TR bipod.
And this was by seriously knowledgeable gunsmiths, engineers and some of the top shooters in the world!
Amazing product ... well done David and Christel - Buy UK is proved right! :flag13:

One open shooter tried it and was stunned :o :grin: at the tracking and stability on targets. (you know him he was an extra in Gladiator ;) )
Considering that we were plinking at football sized rocks on a hillside 1,400 (yes thats right - it was the USA :lol: ) it speaks volumes about the bipod when you never loose sight of the target during recoil.

They had a 6 foot steel bison setup at 1,123 yards. You shoot - wait 2.5 seconds :roll: - see a splash :grin: wait 3 seconds :roll: hear the gong :grin: :grin: ! Was like watching shooting match in a badly dubbed western!
Was an obscene amount of fun :grin: O:-) :lol: - recoil therapy on steriods!
At one stage we had 6 FTR and 4 Open Rifles shoot the bison - 10 hits in a fraction of a second - and it barely moved!
Attachments
First run Støtteben F/TR bipod as setup to shoot at the FCWC at Raton - August 2013
First run Støtteben F/TR bipod as setup to shoot at the FCWC at Raton - August 2013
Prototype Støtteben F/TR bipod from shooter view at Bisley June 2013
Prototype Støtteben F/TR bipod from shooter view at Bisley June 2013
Prototype Støtteben F/TR bipod from side at Bisley June 2013
Prototype Støtteben F/TR bipod from side at Bisley June 2013
European 2012 FTR Champion (November 2012 I had +- 112 very lucky shots in a row)
“F-Open shooters are compensating for something”
I make an awesome friend and even worse enemy.
paxtond

#3 Post by paxtond »

any ideas on costs?

thanks
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

This run will be priced the same as before at GBP245.00 plus postage at GBP9.00
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
paxtond

#5 Post by paxtond »

add me to the list :goodjob:
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

I am about to start building these so if anyone is interested in one of the bipods please let me know now as I will not be adding to my build list once they are started.
/d

Shed Journal
Maggot

#7 Post by Maggot »

ovenpaa wrote:I am about to start building these so if anyone is interested in one of the bipods please let me know now as I will not be adding to my build list once they are started.
Dave....

What Tim says, but I could not do without twin podlocks...a must IMHO.

For what it's worth mate...only 2 runs?

Don't be daft :cool2:
Mr_Logic

#8 Post by Mr_Logic »

I agree with Maggot on this one. It's a good bipod and will sell lots. Also, I didn't check when ordering about those podlocks but can my bipod be the absolute twin of Maggot's please, if it's not already? Ta muchly - looking forward to this :-)
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

Mr_Logic wrote:I agree with Maggot on this one. It's a good bipod and will sell lots. Also, I didn't check when ordering about those podlocks but can my bipod be the absolute twin of Maggot's please, if it's not already? Ta muchly - looking forward to this :-)
The new bipods are identical in every respect other than a slightly longer centre elevation coupler (The black bit that joins the two elevation threads) with the elevation adjuster moved inboard by 15,0mm as this gives a slight weight saving and prevents the adjuster catching the inside of the left leg at maximum elevation.

They only come with one podlock as standard as they are quite heavy so they add weight plus they do add some cost to the build. Maggot has two because he is 'special' ;)
/d

Shed Journal
Mr_Logic

#10 Post by Mr_Logic »

OK. if it increases cost I'll stick to standard :) need to track down a super-accurate scale for the 223 so credit card is about to take a battering!