Fitting Hogue Grips to Taurus LBR

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

Re: Fitting Hogue Grips to Taurus LBR

#21 Post by HALODIN »

Why would you want to change it to double action only?

I'm in 2 minds about the brace v rod. The .44 LBR I've just bought has a brace, which I find helps me shoot more accurately.

What other mods can you do with these?
judders
Home club or Range: LPSC: Bisley & Longmoor. Wessex Rifles: Bulford & Warminster

#22 Post by judders »

HALODIN wrote:I'm in 2 minds about the brace v rod. The .44 LBR I've just bought has a brace, which I find helps me shoot more accurately.
Before I got mine I was certain that I'd change the brace to a bar, but I've found that I actually use the brace so have decided to keep it.
HALODIN

#23 Post by HALODIN »

I agree, it works really well. Is there the same rivalry like there is between wood and plastic stocks as far as the braces and bars are concerned? I can almost hear them now, "That's cheating, we didn't have those in the good old days..." :grin:
judders wrote:Before I got mine I was certain that I'd change the brace to a bar, but I've found that I actually use the brace so have decided to keep it.
Fester
Home club or Range: FDPC

#24 Post by Fester »

With the trigger job the hammer will not reach the single stage sear also lighter is quicker for the hammer
There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?
HALODIN

#25 Post by HALODIN »

OK so disabling the single stage sear makes the trigger lighter, is that right?
Fester
Home club or Range: FDPC

#26 Post by Fester »

Yep and smoother
There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?
HALODIN

#27 Post by HALODIN »

Thanks.
TRX
Home club or Range: Arkansas, USA

#28 Post by TRX »

Hmm. The pin in my aluminum frame Taurus 85 was knurled. I had to drive it out to fit some wooden grips in place of the original plastic ones. On reinstallation (I drilled holes in the grips to accept the pin) the pin's fit in the frame was rather loose, but since it couldn't go anywhere I didn't worry about it.

The grips have a medallion that say "Rossi" and took a little fitting, but hey, they were free...