Bullet heads?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Bullet heads?

#11 Post by dromia »

Does she shoot?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
trianni123

#12 Post by trianni123 »

dromia wrote:Does she shoot?
No mate, shame.
Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

Shame indeed........
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Jenks

#14 Post by Jenks »

ovenpaa wrote:Shame indeed........

From my experience.... Not so. I encouraged my Partner (now wife ) to shoot. her idea of shooting was to go to the range blat off a heap of rounds. No help offered in cleaning the rifles after shooting, nor any help in reloading. Whilst it was nice to be doing some thing together. It wasn't long before I realised that a 'tuppenny bun was costing me four pence' and then a miracle occurred we became Grand parents.No more time for shooting. The natural order of things was re-established.. ;) apologies to the ladies.

Jenks
Christel
Site Admin

#15 Post by Christel »

I have been told from day one what things are called, that means 10 years of so.

Now in my little world and all...it makes sense that we have a primer, a case and a bullet head.
All of it is called a bullet or cartridge.

So to tell the difference between a complete finished built bullet and the front of it I call it a bullet head.

Isn't that logical?
Sim G

#16 Post by Sim G »

No, not really, because the assembled article, the case, primer, powder and bullet, is called a cartridge.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Christel
Site Admin

#17 Post by Christel »

Yeah, I just said that...a cartridge...
Robin128

#18 Post by Robin128 »

I agree with Christel.

:D

Rob
Sim G

#19 Post by Sim G »

Nah, sorry Christel, you called all of it a bullet or a cartridge. All of it is a cartridge and the bullet is part of the cartridge. No such thing as a "bullet head" stricly speaking and when in a technical discussion, confusion could arise.

That said, I don't give a chuff whether people call their ammunition bullets or cartridges, or their firearms guns or rifles (but not weapons). I've seen far too many nasty little people in clubs use nomleceture as a reason to bully and be-little new or inexperienced members of the club.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Robin128

#20 Post by Robin128 »

So long as people know what you are talking about what's the problem?

It's the nit picking twits I will not put up with...you know, those that fly against the wind, even against the Firearms Acts just to split hairs and try and look big.

Christel, I know what you are talking about, and so does everyone else.

;)

Rob