9mm lever release pistol?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

NoEntry
Home club or Range: Phoenix Shooters Association. Grange Rifle and Pistol Club. Jersey Pistol Club

Re: 9mm lever release pistol?

#41 Post by NoEntry »

There was a bit of a hint in my original post on this subject.

maybe it isn't the mechanism.

Maybe it was the barrel/barrel extension??

MIke
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#42 Post by snayperskaya »

With regard to the trigger release Vz I see there is still nothing on the website, whats happening with them?.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
DanTheMan
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#43 Post by DanTheMan »

snayperskaya wrote:With regard to the trigger release Vz I see there is still nothing on the website, whats happening with them?.
People have bought them, reviews are all good.
joe

#44 Post by joe »

NoEntry wrote:There was a bit of a hint in my original post on this subject.

maybe it isn't the mechanism.

Maybe it was the barrel/barrel extension??

MIke

you know something we dont ?
go on, do tell :o :twisted:
NoEntry
Home club or Range: Phoenix Shooters Association. Grange Rifle and Pistol Club. Jersey Pistol Club

#45 Post by NoEntry »

I have been a wee bit reticent on the subject since the report I had was second hand and I was sort of hoping that someone else may have come forward to confirm or deny what I had been
informed.

It doesn't look like that's going to happen so I will repeat what I was told with the caveat that is not known to me personally.

My informant told me that he had examined one of the prototypes of the gun and it had the appearance of being a std Tanfoglio barrel with a smoothbore extension tube fitted to it.
He went on to describe this fitting as "flimsy" and easily removed. This MAY have led to lack of approval by the relevant authorities.

As I said this is second hand info and I cant confirm or deny. But my informant was a guy of impeccable credentials with a 40yrs history in firearms, including FEO and AFO work as well as a recent 13yrs history of working in the field of current Firearms Legislation.

From a personal point of view I would really welcome comments from anyone with first hand knowledge of the gun.

I hope this helps.

Mike
Blackstuff

#46 Post by Blackstuff »

I'm shooting a PSG comp in Wedgnock in a fortnight, if i run into Mr Starley i'll ask him if he knows anything about them. If that shroud thing is true whoever was trying to get them passed wants their @r$es kicked :roll:
DVC
joe

#47 Post by joe »

NoEntry wrote:I have been a wee bit reticent on the subject since the report I had was second hand and I was sort of hoping that someone else may have come forward to confirm or deny what I had been
informed.

It doesn't look like that's going to happen so I will repeat what I was told with the caveat that is not known to me personally.

My informant told me that he had examined one of the prototypes of the gun and it had the appearance of being a std Tanfoglio barrel with a smoothbore extension tube fitted to it.
He went on to describe this fitting as "flimsy" and easily removed. This MAY have led to lack of approval by the relevant authorities.

As I said this is second hand info and I cant confirm or deny. But my informant was a guy of impeccable credentials with a 40yrs history in firearms, including FEO and AFO work as well as a recent 13yrs history of working in the field of current Firearms Legislation.

From a personal point of view I would really welcome comments from anyone with first hand knowledge of the gun.

I hope this helps.

Mike

Interesting, well if that's the case it's easily solved by fitting a proper 12 inch barrel which is better then having this extension set up ! I did speak to him and he said he had been away shooting abroad that's why it's taking this long to get the pistol brought to the market
It would be interesting if this project is successfully (it should be ) if other manufactures / rfd's produced lever release pistols like sig or glock
NoEntry

#48 Post by NoEntry »

Blackstuff wrote:I'm shooting a PSG comp in Wedgnock in a fortnight, if i run into Mr Starley i'll ask him if he knows anything about them. If that shroud thing is true whoever was trying to get them passed wants their @r$es kicked :roll:
Hey Mark,

Did you get to see Mr Starley??

cheers
Mike
Blackstuff

#49 Post by Blackstuff »

Unfortunately not, he was away shooting in Europe so wasn't at the match :bad: (Shooting pistols at that! **** :lol: )
DVC