Praise for the NRA website!

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

Praise for the NRA website!

#1 Post by Gaz »

I've just used the NRA website's members area to register for this year's Imperial Meeting. I have to say it works pretty well, all things considered. I had no idea I could look up my (appalling!) scores from previous meetings, and registering for the matches I wanted to shoot this time was simplicity itself.

What used to take me an hour or so with pen, pencil, entry form, notepad, Bisley Bible and bank statement (!) now takes about 15 minutes.

If I block out the painfully sky-high cost of entering just six matches (the weekend aggregate, less the Friday shoots), I would say it's a painless experience. Well done the NRA!

Now, if only they could reduce the sheer bloody cost of entering the meeting...
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
karen

Re: Praise for the NRA website!

#2 Post by karen »

We can all look up your appalling scores :lol: just need to register on the site

Online entry has been available for several years now - saves a LOT of work. I know as it used to be me that did it :cry:

Love
Karen
karen

#3 Post by karen »

Actually they are not that appalling - I too once had a 38 in the Conan Doyle.

What makes it worse was that I had had a 44, 42 and 40 in the three preceding years and went out to shoot saying "well at least I can't do worse than last year" then got 38!

Love

karen
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

#4 Post by Steve E »

Not as bad as a 33 in the Corporation :roll: . I like looking at past scores it shows how bad/good I can be and a good comparison to other competitors.
rox

#5 Post by rox »

Steve E wrote:Not as bad as a 33 in the Corporation :roll: . I like looking at past scores it shows how bad/good I can be and a good comparison to other competitors.
That was a long time ago though.

Unlike 44 in the Wimbledon.

karen

#6 Post by karen »

Lowest score ever was a 1 in the Admiral Hutton by a young cadet scoring with his last shot - I thought it was brilliant that he carried on until he hit it (this was the old days when you had to retire after 4 shots then carry on when everyone else had finished). Kudos to him for not giving up!

Love

karen