Your choice of defence post apocalypse?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
markS
Home club or Range: Grove small arms

Re: Your choice of defence post apocalypse?

#61 Post by markS »

My choice of defense ( going back on topic ) would firstly be to move away and minimise the possibility of conflict.
After that a big stick* should suffice unless things get really bad.
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#62 Post by meles meles »

*scowls*

If farmers looked after their kows proper like and didn't factory farm 'em, they wouldn't get coughs and transfer them to we poor innocent badger folk... It's called BOVINE TB for a reason, ooman.

23K dead frogs ? Historians generally agree that around 10 - 12,000 French died on the field at Azaincourt and a further 10 - 12,000 died subsequently of wounds received. A long bow arrow had the impact energy of a .22 LR, but the kill mechanism was very different. The target slowly bled to death, or died of septic shock (septicaemia) many days later. The froggies claimed the English deliberately poisoned their arrers, but in reality the glue used to attach the heads to the shafts contained copper sulphate whose toxicity wasn't known at the time...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
tackb

#63 Post by tackb »

meles meles wrote:We have a proper yew twig. 120 lbs draw, and wrought iron arrow heads made by our own paw...
Pah ! A child's bow .........
Polchraine

#64 Post by Polchraine »

meles meles wrote:The zombie 'pokkylips has already begun in Somerset and Gloucestershire. Place is crawling with brain dead oomans tryin' to shoot us...

Nothing to worry about it is just a combined for of Scotsmen trying to get a new batch of Sporrans along with shaving brush makers and salmon fly tiers!

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Ares590

#65 Post by Ares590 »

9mm Luty gun+ whatever I had.
At the moment that would be a sawed off 357 lbr and some .22lrs M&P15 22+ scope ruger for longer range....
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#66 Post by snayperskaya »

MOD Donnington is literally a stones throw from me so its a few SA80s and Minimis and as much ammo as I can get in the back of a Warrior MICV for me
bangbang zzzzom
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#67 Post by meles meles »

What size stone? Tacticool or target ? We demand a picture...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#68 Post by snayperskaya »

meles meles wrote:What size stone? Tacticool or target ? We demand a picture...
I would say a target stone.....I could walk there in a few minutes, will try for a pic but they might get a bit funny over someone taking photos!.The last company I worked for had a maintenance contract there and the amount of stuff they have in storage is amazing,
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
paulbradley
Home club or Range: RFD

#69 Post by paulbradley »

Just started writing a book on an apocalyptic scenario. Getting some great ideas from you guys!! The combine harvester was definitely in the running with an A team style welding job... I would pack my compound bow as it is short, quiet, ideal for game with broadys screwed in. The .308 would sit on its tripod wherever we plotted up. I'd take an AR for general field use in .223. Last would be the trusty katana for despatching single zombies in silence without wasting time or ammunition. My book has a slight twist in that the "zombies" are actually hapless victims of a popular dietary ingredient which raises metabolic rate but with side effects of psychosis and greatly reduced brain function. This introduces a moral dilemma as unlike the "undead" these victims stand a good chance of being saved. That said they still represent a threat with violent animalistic behaviours and the transfer via bite of the virus/DNA mutation. It seems zombies/apocalypse is all the rage. I'll be trying to cash in on Amazon!
"The end of all etiquette is to so cultivate your mind that even when you are seated, not the roughest ruffian can dare make onset on your person" - The Ogasawara
Chuck

#70 Post by Chuck »

paulbradley: good stuff, glad we can help out, it's what we do - I assume we will all get a copy FOC? :lol: I have the movie rights already sorted.

We will not charge any fees of course for helping out but a commercially aware contribution to Campaign Against Shooting Hares or C.A.S.H. for short will be appreciated - I'll email you the bank account details. :good:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!