Not a nice surprise this morning

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Not a nice surprise this morning

#21 Post by dromia »

Just logged in again after being shooting and its been really slow also its dropped the connection twice and I've had to retry to get the page back. All my other tabs are fine. Something is still not right.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Ovenpaa

#22 Post by Ovenpaa »

The forum is hosted in Illinois and everything Stateside is slow right now, speed tests are showing a couple of mb/s max when I should be on 20mb/s so I think we are not the only ones having issues, lets hope they can get it sorted for morning. If this is a sign of what it is going to be like Christel will move the hosting.

Update - I have been trying to post this for 20 minutes now, the issue has been escalated and they say they will respond within the hour....Arghhhh
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#23 Post by dromia »

Been on for the past hour and a half and it seems fine.

Touch wood! :|

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Robin128

#24 Post by Robin128 »

Seems faster than yesterday but still can't load .jpg off c drive.

Rebooted, scanned with latest Norton 360 update...it still does not get me past the white screen.

Something is wrong.

:(

Rob
Ovenpaa

#25 Post by Ovenpaa »

Seems better for me now, but the clock is wrong
christel_iFing 233.jpg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Polchraine

#26 Post by Polchraine »

I was trying to get on at around 2:30 to 3:00 AM and was getting an error as though the server or links were down

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Ovenpaa

#27 Post by Ovenpaa »

Not sure if Christel posted this, it is a reply from our *current* hosting service:

There was a DDoS attack on the server for 2 days. Our techniques are resolving this issue. Because of that the services were not available.
Sorry for caused inconveniences.

I tried to confirm this earlier today on IRC and was greeted with:

There may be a clonebot attack in progress there, or simply unusually heavy interest. Please leave this channel and try again.

So maybe something bad is indeed happening :(
/d

Shed Journal
Robin128

#28 Post by Robin128 »

Its not a basic risk like the server not scanning attachments for virus/trojans etc?...You know even the most UTD protection will not always identify the latest threats.

I know, eggs and sucking.

rob
Ovenpaa

#29 Post by Ovenpaa »

Robin128 wrote:Its not a basic risk like the server not scanning attachments for virus/trojans etc?...You know even the most UTD protection will not always identify the latest threats.

rob
Nope. Attachments submitted to the forum are restricted by type and executable/PE type files are blocked, right now it is only office (Not good given Microsoft's zero day exploit admission this morning) and image files that are allowed. Even if it was possible to get a malicious file uploaded it cannot be executed.

The good news is the cutting edge AV software will detect unique exploits without signatures. :ugeek:

The bad news is I doubt many of our members are aware of it or are using it :(
/d

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin

#30 Post by dromia »

ovenpaa wrote:
Robin128 wrote:Its not a basic risk like the server not scanning attachments for virus/trojans etc?...You know even the most UTD protection will not always identify the latest threats.

rob
Nope. Attachments submitted to the forum are restricted by type and executable/PE type files are blocked, right now it is only office (Not good given Microsoft's zero day exploit admission this morning) and image files that are allowed. Even if it was possible to get a malicious file uploaded it cannot be executed.

The good news is the cutting edge AV software will detect unique exploits without signatures. :ugeek:

The bad news is I doubt many of our members are aware of it or are using it :(

WTFH! More people posting with their mouths full! :?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!