Scopes restricted for export from US?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Re: Scopes restricted for export from US?

#21 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Its not just scopes it seems to be almost everything, ITAR aside I have had many email conversations with various private individuals in the USA following up on eBay listings asking why they would not send to the UK, they all have refused "Saying its not worth the problems" I have since deleted eBay USA off my desktop. so much for world trade !. Even when items are listed for sale on UK eBay but located in the USA "Have you seen the outrageous postal charges" ......
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: Scopes restricted for export from US?

#22 Post by DaveB »

It also has to do with the scope reticule sometimes. I was looking at ACOGs at Cabela's in the US and mentioned that I wanted to carry it out of the US back to NZ. After some discussions and internet research, they came back and told me that I couldn't do that with the scope I was looking at; however if I bought one with a different reticule, I could. In the end I decided that it was too much trouble, and started using LPVOs instead.