Anschutz .22 LR 525

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

bangers

Anschutz .22 LR 525

#1 Post by bangers »

hi all

been offered the above, has any one else got one or used one? what are they like
whats good and bad about it any advice is most welcome.

atb
Ginger

Re: Anschutz .22 LR 525

#2 Post by Ginger »

I know someone that has one, he says its very accurate and a nice gun but the extra magazines were a bit of a fag for him to get hold of. Saying that he is looking at selling it as he doesn't use it for bunny bashing anymore, he sticks to his CZ and Winchester super X.

Dealer pricing for these S/H is from £195 with one mag, check out gunstar.
murphwiz

#3 Post by murphwiz »

I used to have a 520, should never have sold it!
Super reliable and pretty accurate.
Mr_Logic

#4 Post by Mr_Logic »

I had one, it was dreadful. Jammed and had fire / extract issues too. Avoid.
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#5 Post by shugie »

I've got one, if you feed it the right ammo it never jams and is much more accurate then I am. Quite a long barrel, and all very well made. I get some German stuff from the Lord Roberts Centre at Bisley, it seems to like that, can find the name of the company out. Only likes standard velocity stuff though.

Don't lose the magazines, easy enough to find on the internet, but damned expensive at fifty quid.

I like mine, it was something of a spur of the moment purchase when a chap at my clays club decided not to renew his FAC, and needed to sell it. But I've been very pleased with it so far.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Mr_Logic

#6 Post by Mr_Logic »

I'd still take a CZ in preference. The 511 I had shot well apart from the trigger. Plenty a fox did not enjoy being on the receiving end of silent death mind you. Very effective around farms as foxy's mate doesn't know you've just shot the other one, so they're not spooked - mopped up plenty in one night with my trusty CZ before stupidly selling it in favour of a bolt action, but with a better trigger. SIlly decision. But I made quite a few <sigh/>
andy h

#7 Post by andy h »

I have the 520 and it very nice to shoot , With regards to magazines some Marlin and Mossberg's will fit with a little bit of adjustment with a swiss file.
bangers

#8 Post by bangers »

thanks all for the replies i`ve also been offered a cz511 which is in a good condition but as you have said and i have read the trigger is a bit of a plugger is there a mod for this? could it be sorted as i prefer the look of the cz