Anyone got a contact in the US.......?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Sim G

Anyone got a contact in the US.......?

#1 Post by Sim G »

Does anyone have a friendly contact in the US who could acquire me a couple of parts?

Unfortunately the big firms such as Brownells don't stock these bits I'm after and the manufacturer has named them using words such as "Combat" and "Tactical" so the dealer can't ship........ Ironically, I could get similar bits that don't have such evocative names, but as they are "go faster stripe" parts and the alternatives are not what I want!

Cheers.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Anyone got a contact in the US.......?

#2 Post by Mike357 »

Hi Sim,

You could set up a US shipping address. Try BundleBox or Ship2Me. It circumvents (legally) the problems where a supplier will only ship to the US or there is a $100 limit. You will still need to satisfy yourself the BundleBox etc will process the package but they don't open it and rely on you for the description of the goods. My shooting mat was listed as textile sporting goods.

Hope this helps
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Sim G

#3 Post by Sim G »

Interesting Mike........

That's certainly something I could look at, but really, I do like the "personal" touch.......!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Sim G

#4 Post by Sim G »

Oh and might not get fleeced by the Royal Mail either.......

Sim G

#5 Post by Sim G »

Mike,

Bundlebox is bloody brilliant! I now have a full postal address and telephone number in Kentucky!!!!! It might cost me a little more in the end, but it seems really easy........

Now, do you reckon I could use the bundlebox address for a residency/work visa?!!

Chuck

#6 Post by Chuck »

Now, do you reckon I could use the bundlebox address for a residency/work visa?!!
Let me know if it does............ although you can buy property from around $25,000 these days. Nowt great but it's a property.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#7 Post by pe4king »

Sim G wrote:Mike,

Bundlebox is bloody brilliant! I now have a full postal address and telephone number in Kentucky!!!!! It might cost me a little more in the end, but it seems really easy........

Right then where did I put that list that list ;) :D :D
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#8 Post by Mike357 »

Sim, just watch the postage costs as they price by volume and weight. I kicked off over my Voodoo Tactical mat and they repackaged the box for me and reduced the shipping cost.
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#9 Post by pe4king »

Sim G wrote:Oh and might not get fleeced by the Royal Mail either.......
I have just set an account up and put a few test weights and dimensions into the shipping calculator dont think ill bother, £32 to send an item costing $50 in a package 30x10x5 cm added to that will be VAT and duty
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Mike357

#10 Post by Mike357 »

Pe4king, I hear you. You have to be careful as it can work out cheaper to get the supplier to ship straight to you. It comes into its own if they won't ship outside the US or the value exceeds this $100 limit thst some have.

Supply and demand, if you can't get it here, how badly do you want it?

My mat worked out at the same cost ad it was in the UK but out of stock here.