Looking to start practical shotgun

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: Looking to start practical shotgun

#11 Post by Blackstuff »

saddler wrote:You can import non-restricted gun parts up to $100 in value from Brownells
Look at options for Nordic magazine extensions from them - you WILL pay a premium for a UK supplier to do it for you
Brownells have whole magazines but not screw on extensions like Nordics. MidwayUK doesn't carry any either which suggests that they aren't available. All of the US shooting forums i've looked at say you cannot extend the magazine, you have to replace the whole thing AND the barrel. All of the replacement barrels i've seen are the 18" 'home defense' models which are illegal in this country. :bad:
DVC
CDM5
Home club or Range: Tidworth RPC & Bisley

#12 Post by CDM5 »

Blackstuff wrote:
saddler wrote:You can import non-restricted gun parts up to $100 in value from Brownells
Look at options for Nordic magazine extensions from them - you WILL pay a premium for a UK supplier to do it for you
Brownells have whole magazines but not screw on extensions like Nordics. MidwayUK doesn't carry any either which suggests that they aren't available. All of the US shooting forums i've looked at say you cannot extend the magazine, you have to replace the whole thing AND the barrel. All of the replacement barrels i've seen are the 18" 'home defense' models which are illegal in this country. :bad:
A bit annoying but it was a bargain! It's a start & it'll get me some reloading practice ;)

Once I have the funds I'll be looking to get a Benelli M2 :good:
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#13 Post by saddler »

Blackstuff wrote:
I know a Glasgow RFD with a 24" rifle sighted barrel - think he was after about £100 or so for it, would have to check...he's not cheap (but nowhere near Rogers prices :wave: )

...pity

It may be cheaper to have the bracket removed & re-attached (they are brazed on) & a longer factory tube fitted
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#14 Post by Blackstuff »

CDM5 wrote: A bit annoying but it was a bargain! It's a start & it'll get me some reloading practice ;)

Once I have the funds I'll be looking to get a Benelli M2 :good:
Good man! Starting on a lower capacity gun certainly gives you the loading practice and when you get a hi-cap gun you'll fly! It'll also be good for you to work out which loading method works best for you as a competition ammo belt can be a very expensive item to put together. Mine would RRP at close to £300 (from MidwayUK that is :squirrel: )
DVC
CDM5
Home club or Range: Tidworth RPC & Bisley

#15 Post by CDM5 »

saddler wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:
I know a Glasgow RFD with a 24" rifle sighted barrel - think he was after about £100 or so for it, would have to check...he's not cheap (but nowhere near Rogers prices :wave: )

...pity

It may be cheaper to have the bracket removed & re-attached (they are brazed on) & a longer factory tube fitted
Good shout.

So I could order this (would I still need export licences etc?):
http://www.brownells.com/magazines/shot ... 19943.aspx

Then have the bracket relocated on the original barrel?
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#16 Post by Mike357 »

UKPSA seems to be imploding and tearing itself to bits from the inside.

I haven't seen a good word said about them and it can only be a matter of time that there is a UK branch of the IPSC. Northern Ireland have just gone that way.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#17 Post by saddler »

CDM5 wrote:
Good shout.

So I could order this (would I still need export licences etc?):
http://www.brownells.com/magazines/shot ... 19943.aspx

Then have the bracket relocated on the original barrel?
Possibly
Restriction
Gun-Part
Gun Parts totaling $100 or more may not be shipped outside the United States without proper export licensing.
It MAY be an option - it'd depend on finding someone to do the work on the barrel, etc.

AT least its hopefully giving you a few more options/ideas
techguy

#18 Post by techguy »

Mike357 wrote:UKPSA seems to be imploding and tearing itself to bits from the inside.

I haven't seen a good word said about them and it can only be a matter of time that there is a UK branch of the IPSC. Northern Ireland have just gone that way.
What he said!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#19 Post by dromia »

Mike357 wrote:UKPSA seems to be imploding and tearing itself to bits from the inside.

So what is happening within UKPSA the?

Another "national" body so wrapped up in itself that it fails to do its role and support shooting and shooters?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

The U.K.P.S.A is the UK branch of IPSC! :lol:

You're right though, they don't seem to be having much luck recently
DVC