S-Class in Scotland

Sporting-Class. Everything you want to know about this new discipline including course of fire, competitions, rifles, regulations and how to get involved.

Moderator: dromia

Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: S-Class in Scotland

#51 Post by Sandgroper »

Not far from me. Which club do you shoot with?
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
forbie

#52 Post by forbie »

Am in the Aberdeen Fullbore club which is very active and has a good turn out at all the shoots I go to. Used to be in the Peterhead club which is no more
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#53 Post by Andy632 »

Sandgroper wrote:Strathpeffer RPC has pencilled in the 9th of June as the date for their S-Class Comp. :shakeshout:

Should give me plenty of time to practice! fingerscrossed
We've also pencilled in 'F' class on same day; should manage to run both simultaneously I think?

As always with The Strathpeffer Club's Rifle shoots, all waifs & strays (with FACs) are cordially invited to attend.
Costs £5 to join in; Visitors are not eligible to win the club competitions, of course, but are welcome to take part and show us up. We might even manage a half bottle or so as a consolation prize.
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
Andy632

#54 Post by Andy632 »

forbie wrote:Am in the Aberdeen Fullbore club which is very active and has a good turn out at all the shoots I go to. Used to be in the Peterhead club which is no more
Hi Forbie,
Any word on the AFBGC Wappenschaw this year?
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#55 Post by mr smith »

Andy632 wrote:
forbie wrote:Am in the Aberdeen Fullbore club which is very active and has a good turn out at all the shoots I go to. Used to be in the Peterhead club which is no more
Hi Forbie,
Any word on the AFBGC Wappenschaw this year?

I'd imagine it'll be somewhere around the end of june or at least it was last year.Not much in the way of full bore shooting in it now,the military don't compete in it any more.

Oh yeah typical summer weather last year,cold,wet and windy.Roll on this summer.
Sandgroper

#56 Post by Sandgroper »

Andy632 wrote:
Sandgroper wrote:Strathpeffer RPC has pencilled in the 9th of June as the date for their S-Class Comp. :shakeshout:

Should give me plenty of time to practice! fingerscrossed
We've also pencilled in 'F' class on same day; should manage to run both simultaneously I think?

As always with The Strathpeffer Club's Rifle shoots, all waifs & strays (with FACs) are cordially invited to attend.
Costs £5 to join in; Visitors are not eligible to win the club competitions, of course, but are welcome to take part and show us up. We might even manage a half bottle or so as a consolation prize.
Thanks for your help Andy much appreciated. :good: Running F-Class and S-Class side by side won't be a problem - same targets will make things easier! clapclap

Ovenpaa

#57 Post by Ovenpaa »

F Class and S Class side by side is a perfect solution and shooting the same targets, even better!
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Andy632

#58 Post by Andy632 »

ovenpaa wrote:F Class and S Class side by side is a perfect solution and shooting the same targets, even better!

One does one's best. :wave:

:flag6:
Scotsgun

#59 Post by Scotsgun »

Right now i'm thoroughly confused - a condition that's far from unique for me, i'll admit.

Are we chipping in money for targets or getting our own?

Are we starting a postal league or trying to arrange some range meets?
Sandgroper

#60 Post by Sandgroper »

Scotsgun wrote:Right now i'm thoroughly confused - a condition that's far from unique for me, i'll admit.

Are we chipping in money for targets or getting our own?

Are we starting a postal league or trying to arrange some range meets?
No, you have every right to be confused - lack of updates on my part! :oops:

1) Strathpeffer will be holding an S-Class comp at Cawdor alongside their F-Class shoot on the 9th of June.

2) Organising the postal comp has taken a slight backseat as study and preparing for the Moray Science Festival has taken priority at the moment.

As far as targets are concerned I'll get some ordered by the end of the week. Realistically unless I can get somewhere to set up a 300m target in Feb, I will not be able to shoot the postal comp until April. March will be a wash out because of my son's ice skating and the Science Festival.

Just had a thought - Marc, where are you in relation to Ayr? I'll be down that way in March for my son's first comp of the season, if it's possible perhaps we could meet up?

I'm sorry about this cock up, but once the Science Festival is out of the way it should be smooth sailing. fingerscrossed