Pistols: would you give up home storage to get them back?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Would you have pistols back if you could only store them at your club?

Yes
22%
No
71%
Not sure
7%

Total votes: 105

HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

Re: Pistols: would you give up home storage to get them back

#91 Post by HALODIN »

I suggested sending their flyers to every gun shop in the country some time ago, I haven't seen one anywhere...
SevenSixTwo wrote:Update. Seems we're pretty much stuck on just under 17,000 signatures for the e-petition. Oh well. I blame the 'representing bodies' for woeful promotion of it, to be honest.

Fancy a punt on one for semi-auto? You know, just to officially compare desire for each...

:55:
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#92 Post by Geek »

No vote for me - either section 1 or not at all, not at the expense of more controls / legislation!
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Daryll
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#93 Post by Daryll »

As much as i loved pistol shooting pre-1996, and as much as I'd love to have any "proper" pistol (without the stupid length barrel and coat-hanger) again, I would not have one if it had to be stored at a club.

Most clubs/ranges are out of the way to avoid noise nuisance for the public, and therefore an easy target for scumbags.... our range has some shipping containers to hold targets, grass-cutters etc, and they regularly get broken into.

So what would it cost to make it secure enough to store firearms?!?! I've no idea, but it would certainly make membership fees go through the roof, to the extent that no-one could shoot.

The Gov'ment's attitude to pistols does really begger belief....
User702
Home club or Range: BRPC

#94 Post by User702 »

It would be less awkward for me (compared to storing something at a club) if I could purchase a proper pistol and store it in the armoury at my HQ for my personal use only. That way, whenever I was at HQ or on exercise in a place with a 25m range, I could use it. I'd also (maybe) be able to deploy with a weapon that I was utterly comfortable and well practiced with.
FredB
Home club or Range: stourport

#95 Post by FredB »

If you have not got the freedom to take it home, to some other range, etc, then you have not "got it back". I have not shot on an indoor range for more than 24 years--- my club is out door. We use containers for target storage, and periodically some idiots try to break in, believing that firerams are stored on the range. A few years ago, one of our containers was very rusty and due to be replaced---we found that the front padlock--large and very hard---was partially cut through. To do this, somebody must have spent hours using a very good cutting tool---if he had walked round to the back and kicked the wall in, he would have been in in minutes and been able to steal a large collection of wooden targets with thousands of holes shot through them!
Fred
ordnance

#96 Post by ordnance »

I don't understand why any body would have a desperate need to own a hand gun in any calibre any way.
For the same reason that people own shotguns for shooting clays or a rifle for target shooting. What's hard to understand.
Blu

#97 Post by Blu »

I don't understand why any body would have a desperate need to own a hand gun in any calibre any way.
Troll. You say you have been there done that and got the t-shirt so answer me this, back then why did you own and shoot pistols? I take it you did own them that is.

Blu :twisted:
SevenSixTwo

#98 Post by SevenSixTwo »

In the interests of shooting we should start banning antis from here. Their poisonous views are not welcome.
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
Blu

#99 Post by Blu »

SevenSixTwo wrote:In the interests of shooting we should start banning antis from here. Their poisonous views are not welcome.
Nah I don't agree. You start banning folks because their views are not the same as yours, where does it end? I can't honestly say I haven't come across anyone on here who I would consider anti firearms. We have a few selfish, misguided, elitist, close minded, bigoted and $h!t stirrers sure, but I wouldn't call any of them anti.

Blu :twisted:
SevenSixTwo

#100 Post by SevenSixTwo »

They'll be the first to start bitching when their particular discipline is banned. They're like turkeys who vote for Christmas. kukkuk
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".