Pistols: would you give up home storage to get them back?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Would you have pistols back if you could only store them at your club?

Yes
22%
No
71%
Not sure
7%

Total votes: 105

25Pdr

Re: Pistols: would you give up home storage to get them back

#81 Post by 25Pdr »

Of course the Government takes note of petitions.....

Like this one signed by 668,181 people...

Hmmmm! Looks like somebody has done a denial of service on this site....Wonder who?

Anyhoo...Its The Coalition For Marriage Petition signed by 666,181 people..

Wiki Details Here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition_for_Marriage

And then....

Does whatever the hell it wants, and you can all Pi$$ Off...
Maggot

#82 Post by Maggot »

Alpha1 wrote:I am not the slightest bit interested in owning any kind of handgun been there done it wore the Tee shirt and definitely not if I had to keep it in secure storage at a club.
If people want to sign this petition great. I don't mind signing it. But its been done before and nothing will come of it I am afraid.
I don't understand why any body would have a desperate need to own a hand gun in any calibre any way.
But as to the petition thing I applaud you for trying and good luck.
Sorry mate but I am afraid that sort of comment is pretty much what is wrong with a lot of shooters these days.

What a selfish approach.

I have done it, had my fun, stuff anyone new coming into the sport....I'm alright jack!! ****

I dont do a lot of disciplines, either because like you I have been there and done that (and sensibly got paid for it) or because I dont believe in doing anything in a half arsed way and cannot do it all.

I dont get straight pulls, purely because I think it's a shame to do that to a perfectly serviceable semi auto, but I would never denegrate people that do.

We all shoot for heavens sake...even if some of us wear more leather than a DFS showroom :55:

Support the sport and dont be so ruddy blinkered tesnews
Alpha1

#83 Post by Alpha1 »

I have signed thé pétition gold luck.
froggy
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#84 Post by froggy »

Sorry mate but I am afraid that sort of comment is pretty much what is wrong with a lot of shooters these days.

+1
In France, the sport shooting community of 167K members is only strong because we have managed to lump it with the ~2 millions hunting shotgun users, hence creating a heavier group of voters. However I appreciate Alpha1 's position who doesn't want to shot handguns but support the fight. Thanks :good: I just wish more FAC holders, shot-gun hunters, deacts collectors etc.. would do the same...
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
rox

#85 Post by rox »

Alpha1 wrote:"I don't mind signing it" " I applaud you for trying and good luck"
Maggot wrote:Sorry mate but I am afraid that sort of comment is pretty much what is wrong with a lot of shooters these days.
Really? In summary he said "It doesn't interest me personally, but I'll support others". And that's supposed to be selfish?

I think it shows pretty much what is wrong with a lot of shooters these days - the CHIP on their shoulders.

Maggot

#86 Post by Maggot »

No, you are totally correct, my apologies Alpha 1, sorry mate :oops:

Should have read it properly without a pounding headache.

As regarding your comment though Rox, go take a flying "you know what" at a rolling doughnut.

I dont have a chip on my shoulder now, or ever.

I hear enough comments by shooters, about other disciplines, to stand by that 100%

I have been on the receiving end often enough, great things active ear deffenders.

All total crap and all spouted by folk who shoot and should know better (myself included in this particular incidence).

Apologies again Alpha1.
Alpha1

#87 Post by Alpha1 »

No problem :cheers: .
SevenSixTwo

#88 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Update. Seems we're pretty much stuck on just under 17,000 signatures for the e-petition. Oh well. I blame the 'representing bodies' for woeful promotion of it, to be honest.

Fancy a punt on one for semi-auto? You know, just to officially compare desire for each...

:55:
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#89 Post by snayperskaya »

I signed it although I wouldn't want a handgun......now semi-auto rifles would be a different matter.
Last edited by snayperskaya on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Alpha1

#90 Post by Alpha1 »

Incoming. sign01