Show us your rimfire's

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

cthulhu3

Re: Show us your rimfire's

#621 Post by cthulhu3 »

That would be awesome

Thank you

thankssign
Sim G

#622 Post by Sim G »

He’ll bang you an email shortly. He’s busy chasing his own ar$e, house hunting...!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
breacher

#623 Post by breacher »

breacher wrote:BSA Martini International Mk2. Barrel slightly shortened. Shooting Shed scope rail ( lowered and given 20moa incline ) - an old Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 I had laying about. And of course, a Phoenix Bipod, Type B 6.5-8".

All this with Mini-McQueen and 200 yard GRSB matches in mind..................

So - Having sorted out its preferred ammo - Eley Match, I entered the GRSB McQueen at the Autumn Action Weekend. Shot at 50m. Bullseye is ridiculously small - I reckon .25"

And managed a win ! 50.9 and the 10th was very close to making it 50.10

Very satisfying considering its an old rifle that cost me pennies ( once the sale of the iron sights subsidised the deal ) and was up against some very modern and very expensive rifles !

I think I will inlet the medal in the stock :-)
RDC

#624 Post by RDC »

Awesome!
Mike A

#625 Post by Mike A »

:flag13:
Hoppum

#626 Post by Hoppum »

Shot this for the first time on Thursday.

safetyfirst

#627 Post by safetyfirst »

Always fancied one for fun. How was it? Does the bolt lock back on last shot? Can it handle the HK slap or does it feel flimsy? How does it shoot?
Hoppum

#628 Post by Hoppum »

It's good fun, the peep hole sights are pretty useless for accurate shooting, even using the smallest hole at 25m, the bolt locks back as it should and the HK slap feels sturdy enough.

My only complaint is that the solid stock doesn't feel as tight as I think it should and has a bit of a wiggle, going to look at packing it out to make it a bit of a tighter fit.
safetyfirst

#629 Post by safetyfirst »

Cheers for the info. Think I’ll grab one next year for a giggle!
Hoppum

#630 Post by Hoppum »

You might struggle, they stopped importing them earlier this year, if you can find one and the magazines I'd grab them ASAP!