BREAKING: UK bans pigeon and crow shooting

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Christel
Site Admin

Re: BREAKING: UK bans pigeon and crow shooting

#41 Post by Christel »

Pete wrote:What's eating meat got to do with forelock-tugging bucolic oicks hanging dead crows on someone's gate?

Pete
Quite a lot.

Emotions are running very high over this as Fedaykin pointed out.
I do not agree with the action however I understand why.

When people's livelihood is threatened by someone who clearly does not have a clue and is basing his actions on feelings (Packham et al) then it ends in chaos.
There is no scientific basis in what Wild Justice is doing, it is all emotion based. "We feel sorry for the birds and they should not be killed". Ok to have chickens in cages and abattoirs running 24/7? Ok the farmers do not have the yield to cover the UK's need?

So quite a lot really, it is all interlinked.

It is not aimed at you Pete...I just get really upset when people do not understand...this is not a matter of feelings...if no yield, no food on the table.
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#42 Post by Geek »

shugie wrote:Even as a target shooter, I'd be quite happy for Chris Packham to be turfed off the Beeb and put somewhere where he can be ignored.
I would agree.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#43 Post by Geek »

HH1 wrote:Mr Yardley is whingeing about this on his FB page...... I wonder how long it will be before he's asking all shooters to "rally round" and help in the fight... including those of us that only shoot steel, clays and paper target with those "Nasty Black Guns".
Karma - there goes the old saying "what goes around comes around".
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Gazza

#44 Post by Gazza »

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... pest-birds

Seems someone is making Packham 'Ave it....But it doesn't affect him so he says so alls well, bless him.
JSC
Home club or Range: NRA

#45 Post by JSC »

Gazza wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... pest-birds

Seems someone is making Packham 'Ave it....But it doesn't affect him so he says so alls well, bless him.
I like the way he's bringing Asperger's into it.

But only since he did a programme about it of course.
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#46 Post by Geek »

Whilst I would like to read the article, my PC is allergic to left wing newspapers (especially the Guardian).
Regards,

Geek

DOGGER2UK

#47 Post by DOGGER2UK »

image.png
It ain't me.
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#48 Post by shugie »

Geek wrote:

Whilst I would like to read the article, my PC is allergic to left wing newspapers (especially the Guardian).
I have a similar problem with mine, since I put a memory into it that has a red heatsink, if I try and open the Daily Mail website, it plays the first few bars of Horst Wessel, a short clip from Downfall with an overdub about BMW GS motorbikes, then shuts down until I promise to annex the Sudetenland next time I go to Prague for shooting.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Sim G

#50 Post by Sim G »

Given the timing is it actually not a matter of national security? The country's current "status" and the published threat to food supplies that will come with the decimation by "flying rats". Their species will then promulgate out of hand and so it will continue.

Apart from the food aspect we have been told numerous times of the threat to medicines that is in the horizon when we leave the EU, so the action by Wild Justice, especially as it appears to have been unopposed, given the threat issued by this "organisation", only intensifies the damage they have caused because of the risk of serious disease spreading unabated!

Looking at the law, is this action not an act of terrorism by definition?

The Terrorism Act 2000, s1 states;

1)In this Act “terrorism” means the use or threat of action where—

(a)the action falls within subsection (2),

(b)the use or threat is designed to influence the government or an international governmental organisation or to intimidate the public or a section of the public, and

(c)the use or threat is made for the purpose of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause.

(2)Action falls within this subsection if it—

(b)involves serious damage to property,

(d)creates a serious risk to the health or safety of the public or a section of the public, or

Yeah, it could be argued that indeed, Chris Packham et al are terrorists and a Wild Justice a terrorist organisation...!!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!