New Security at Bisley

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Ovenpaa

Re: New Security at Bisley

#31 Post by Ovenpaa »

Mine is in my range bag along with my RCO handbook :goodjob:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
karen

#32 Post by karen »

Dougan wrote:
Bisley Bible.jpg
It covers: civilian service rife, practical rifle, F class, match rifle, miscellaneous rifle, pistol and gallery rifle, service weapons....and then at the back of the book...TR :good:
Thats cos its alphabetical ;)

Love

karen
Ovenpaa

#33 Post by Ovenpaa »

karen wrote:Thats cos its alphabetical ;)

Love

karen
:clap: :clap: :clap:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
EagerNoSkill

#34 Post by EagerNoSkill »

as for the clothing question.... a PRACTICAL point is that the best way to wear in and get used to some clothing is to wear it in.

In the case of hunting / fishing etc using the range (since it is more accpetable than the shopping mall) to wear in and get comfortable is the best way.
It amazing how many times you discover that an item in shop / civvie world that looks great has a fundamental flaw that limits movement or utility of an item - it snags or doesn't bend or gets wet where it shouldn't - or even just breaking in a pair of boots!!! Best done in small increments and sorry the range is my free time to get that done in :o

that said the Urban Rambo's are more amusing than harmful ...... :roll:

The wonderful story about the "cowboy rivet" come to mind
A clothing company produces jeans with a rivet under the crotch that held various pieces of cloth together at key point "central mid axis" .... and for years customers complained about "cowboy rivet" ... which needless to say the company ignored...
Then on year the clothing company CEO went hunting ... and after a long session of hunting in the cold ... was squatting around a fire for warmth, drinking some beverage. After some time he had to stand up ...... and let out a pretty convincing wolf howl and did a jig or three ... The "cowboy rivet" struck again :lol:
And ...needless to say the jeans designed changed soon after that! :-P
European 2012 FTR Champion (November 2012 I had +- 112 very lucky shots in a row)
“F-Open shooters are compensating for something”
I make an awesome friend and even worse enemy.
Ovenpaa

#35 Post by Ovenpaa »

EagerNoSkill wrote:as for the clothing question.... a PRACTICAL point is that the best way to wear in and get used to some clothing is to wear it in.

In the case of hunting / fishing etc using the range (since it is more accpetable than the shopping mall) to wear in and get comfortable is the best way.
It amazing how many times you discover that an item in shop / civvie world that looks great has a fundamental flaw that limits movement or utility of an item - it snags or doesn't bend or gets wet where it shouldn't - or even just breaking in a pair of boots!!! Best done in small increments and sorry the range is my free time to get that done in :o
I do agree, finding clothing that is fit for function and suits the pocket as much as the vagaries of our English weather can be a real problem (It has taken me 35 years to find the right combination of motorbike clothing!)

Having shot competitions lying in puddles on more than one occasion I think the correct clothing is essential and I am yet to find the ideal system that keeps me warm/cool/dry and has room to shoot in without bulking up around my shoulder or restricting movement. Consider the TR shooters, they wear a jacket that fits them very precisely so adding bulk underneath for cold weather is a problem and putting a water proof jacket over the top is difficult. They have it worse than us.
/d

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#36 Post by Christel »

Just do what KennyC does, wear shorts :lol:
John25

#37 Post by John25 »

I don't know what camo has to do with security at Bisley but we do tend to digress don't we?

Camo: Sensible kit for shooting in inclement weather.

Why should a stalker have to buy two sets of kit?

Bisley has never banned Camo, the UKPSA has, but not the NRA.

Wear it if you wish but don't behave like a prat in it. Better still don't behave like a prat anyway.

Security:

We now have new senior management who have upped the priority, anyone who read the letter correctly would understand. :)

For clarification, there are enough 'forummers' who work at Bisley (me for another two weeks) so email, PM 'phone, use semaphore and just ask. :cheers:

I hate rumours, have you heard that the NRA are about to ban LBR?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
bobbob
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#38 Post by bobbob »

John25 wrote:
I hate rumours, have you heard that the NRA are about to ban LBR?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Light blue touch paper, stand well back...... :lol:
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Robin128

#39 Post by Robin128 »

No comment!

:squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :D
John25

#40 Post by John25 »

Yes, someone was heard to say that the new .22 is a step too far.

Wasn't me.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk