Shooting Zombies

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Shooting Zombies

#21 Post by Christel »

Robin128 wrote:Yeah, Christel...you should see the whacking great holes in our skirting boards and my VERY nervous Mrs, what with the Xtrema2 at the ready!

:lol: :lol:

Rob
What a sight!
:lol:
Christel
Site Admin

#22 Post by Christel »

Sandgroper wrote:
christel wrote:Oh got to get me one of those zombies for my garden, what a great idea.

Yes please!

Out of curiosity, I got my son to try my Destroyer carbine for size. He shouldered it quite easily, as he handed it back to me, he asked, "Dad, can this be my Zombie gun?"

I said, "If the Zombies come you can shoot them with that!" His face lit up and then ran downstairs to tell Mum that he now has "his" own Zombie gun. That'll teach me!

If he saw that in the garden - I'd hate think what the result would be!
That is what I call correct upbringing!
Teaching him responsibility by giving him his own zombie gun.
Encourage fantasy with zombie gnomes.
Right stuff!

8-)
Christel
Site Admin

#23 Post by Christel »

Blackstuff wrote:
christel wrote:This is a serious debate! :P

Look at that mini gun.....wow!

Looks the part but will it take the brain out as is needed?
Believe it or not but thats actually a £4000 airsoft mini-gun! (You can see the magazine poking out from behind the carry handle :ugeek: )

4 grand!?
You can buy a car for that!
Christel
Site Admin

#24 Post by Christel »

Blackstuff wrote:
benne wrote:In the spirit of Friday and all that is possible in the movies :D

These are fine for picking-off at a distance and the axe etc. for close-up work however, these buggers are like illegals, they just keep coming and you will soon be out of ammo or to tired to swing the axe (unless you are Klingon). Now as this is 'film speak' I would have the flame-thrower (from Alien) and the M134 mini gun (Terminator 2, Predator).
As its Friday, and lunch time . . . why would you opt for a flame thrower? They kill by destroying the lungs and skin, neither of which would stop a movie zombie (remove the head or destroy the brain), so you'd just end up with flaming zombies gnawing on you! Also a mini-gun, have you seen how long it takes to load one of those things?! Plus it would be immobile and you'd be through you ammo supply in under a minute!

Personally i'd opt for a sawn off shotgun, a full-bore pistol and a rifle like a Steyr AUG, M4 or G36. As none of those are available to me (unless i go shopping at the nearest ARV/Police HQ) i'll have to stick with my SGC LRA9, M2 and straight-pull AUG and just hope that they don't get too close. And they're not those sprinty ones like in 28 Days Later :o :lol:

Don't forget to wear those safety glasses (or swimming goggles - belt and braces) and mouth mask if the blood starts flying! :geek:

Mark,

You have the right end of the stick here.
Read Max Brooks by any chance :D

Gotta say they were sprinting a tad too fast for my liking in 28 days later. And even worse in the follow up.
Christel
Site Admin

#25 Post by Christel »

Rob,

That phalanx, pretty useless, can't carry it.
Robin128

#26 Post by Robin128 »

christel wrote:Rob,

That phalanx, pretty useless, can't carry it.
Get ovenpaa to make a trailer for it.

:D

Rob
Christel
Site Admin

#27 Post by Christel »

Rob, here is a mental picture for you,

Me...pulling trailer with phalanx....horde of zombies after me ....in a swamp, of course.

Hmmm no, not going to work.
Robin128

#28 Post by Robin128 »

No-one mentioned a swamp...put it on an airboat...do I have to think of everything?

Or perhaps that would be overkill...if that's possible with a zombie.

:)
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#29 Post by Sandgroper »

christel wrote:
Sandgroper wrote:
christel wrote:Oh got to get me one of those zombies for my garden, what a great idea.

Yes please!

Out of curiosity, I got my son to try my Destroyer carbine for size. He shouldered it quite easily, as he handed it back to me, he asked, "Dad, can this be my Zombie gun?"

I said, "If the Zombies come you can shoot them with that!" His face lit up and then ran downstairs to tell Mum that he now has "his" own Zombie gun. That'll teach me!

If he saw that in the garden - I'd hate think what the result would be!
That is what I call correct upbringing!
Teaching him responsibility by giving him his own zombie gun.
Encourage fantasy with zombie gnomes.
Right stuff!

8-)
Yeah, but I got the Destroyer for ME! :cry:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
25Pdr

#30 Post by 25Pdr »

Typical....I try and improve the image of Zombies by suggesting we could plant an Annie Lennox lookalike plasic Zombie in our gardens and you lot turn it into a joke.

ImageImage

Just for that I think I'll report you all to the head Zombie :lol:
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=