poor mans shotgun slugs

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

barney57

Re: poor mans shotgun slugs

#21 Post by barney57 »

Just one thought on all this.......Why??? Why would you want or need to do that??
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#22 Post by pe4king »

barney57 wrote:Just one thought on all this.......Why??? Why would you want or need to do that??
ZOMBIES
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Chuck

#23 Post by Chuck »

barney: because you CAN mate, because you can......remember that word FUN..the word that is largely missing in UK day to day life nowadays... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
pe4king

#24 Post by pe4king »

Chuck wrote:barney: because you CAN mate, because you can......remember that word FUN..the word that is largely missing in UK day to day life nowadays... :lol: :lol: :lol:
oh and that :)
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Sim G

#25 Post by Sim G »

pe4king wrote:
Chuck wrote:barney: because you CAN mate, because you can......remember that word FUN..the word that is largely missing in UK day to day life nowadays... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cut shells won't go through your Remy 1100, you know?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
barney57

#26 Post by barney57 »

Sim G wrote:
pe4king wrote:

Wouldnt even try it,,as said why would I want too???

I believe you can still buy shotgun cartridges factory made with a slug / ball in them,,,the ones I have seen have part of the ball protruding in the business end of the cartridge,,,,,these were used by the LDV/ Home Guard during the war,,,and when fired could be used as a method of target indication as they left a trail of smoke behind the ball as it headed towards its target.

Butchering munitions is never a good idea,,,,,its like cutting crosses in the bullet heads of your rifle ammunition (dum dum) illegal!!

Infact dont some people use factory made slugged shotgunned cartridges for the shooting of wild boar??
Chuck

#27 Post by Chuck »

Yes, In Turkey rifle ownership is limited but pig hunting is invariably done with a 12g and slug, which you can buy over the counter by the truckload without any hassle.

Lots to choose from, solid and expanding many different makes, and also those "ball" slugs that are like a wee golf ball, they are dimpled and seem to hit VERY hard..
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
pe4king

#28 Post by pe4king »

Sim G wrote:
pe4king wrote:

Sim its gone mate, sooo I now have a slot for something more interesting Valtro maybe :?: :?:
Still, I will get round to loading my own sooner than later and wont be trying this unless in a very very bad situation
Sim G

#29 Post by Sim G »

Slug is unbelievably easy to load......... even you and your big monkey hands could do it!

And on that, how was it when you had to decide to cut either the blue or red wire, those sausage fingers didn't get in the way?!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
pe4king

#30 Post by pe4king »

Sim G wrote:Slug is unbelievably easy to load......... even you and your big monkey hands could do it!

And on that, how was it when you had to decide to cut either the blue or red wire, those sausage fingers didn't get in the way?!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cuz i it um wiv a big ammer

six mumfs ago i cud not spell inginere, now im are won :lol: :lol: