223 lever release vs VZ58 MARS comparison

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

James K

Re: 223 lever release vs VZ58 MARS comparison

#21 Post by James K »

So who is the UK end guy? PM is you don't want to reveal them.
Sixshot6

#22 Post by Sixshot6 »

James K wrote:So who is the UK end guy? PM is you don't want to reveal them.
Oh, didn't think of that James. Will do.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#23 Post by Mike357 »

Nothing to do with the Patriot Ordnance AR that Suffolk Rifle are demo'ing?
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Sixshot6

#24 Post by Sixshot6 »

Mike357 wrote:Nothing to do with the Patriot Ordnance AR that Suffolk Rifle are demo'ing?
Absolutely nothing to do with that. Give it a few weeks or so and it shall be clearer.
Hunter87

#25 Post by Hunter87 »

From what I have heard online the chief commissioners are looking into the status of the trigger release version to see if they should be s5
Sixshot6

#26 Post by Sixshot6 »

Hunter87 wrote:From what I have heard online the chief commissioners are looking into the status of the trigger release version to see if they should be s5
That was months ago in the last released NPCC minutes, was in response to something about the Charlie Hebdo and barring something happening here with a legally held one I can't see them getting into section 5 as that would effectively require a rewrite of the firearms act as far as the definition of manual op goes.

They tried to do the same with LBP's and 50 bmg's in the early 2000's, Nowt happened so if they aren't mentioned in the next meetings, which Gaz will likely upload when they're available things will likely be fine. Just for the record, those minutes were from march and its been 4 months. Plus like I said there is the wording of the act itself that goes against that little idea of theirs.

Also they don't make the status's, only the Home office can, they can badger, but its ultimately up to the Home office.

Also we already discussed this on the thread related to the minutes and the attempt to bring back the shop a gunowner hotline that was binned. Like I said they can look into the status but barring a rewrite they are ok for now.