Just want to ask

For everything AR15 related and the ultimate in side charging or semi auto 22 rifles. http://www.lan-tac.com
Huge selection of accessories and upgrades, all available online. We are the UK distributor for LaRue Tactical & Battle Arms Developments.
Rburro2
Home club or Range: Uttoxeter rifle club

Re: Just want to ask

#21 Post by Rburro2 »

Sixshot6 wrote:
HALODIN wrote:"Is it AR based" - Yes AFAIK.
"how long has Paul been working on it?" - No idea he hasn't said.
"only got an answer phone Is that normal or did I contact them in the wrong way" - Yes he's a busy man, so try an e-mail as well.
ok, its just at the time I wanted a magpul afg, but ending up using Zahal to get a fab ptk. I didn't realise he got that busy. Next time, it'll be an email then. I just feel an AR15 type might be up my street for the ease of optic mounting and heavier barrels. Any idea if they barrels will be HBAR type at all? Its just I don't think gov or socom profile barrels make much sense in the uk due to them being mostly range guns, even for ipsc a hbar is probably a better option.
If its going to be a bipod queen then go heavy on the barrel but if not and you intend to do more positional/practical shooting then a more standard profile barrel will be lighter. I shot an sgc lever release .223 the other month and although the action will take some getting use to it shot well what I found was that is is rather a heavy girl even with a 14 inch barrel. Is Paul working on lever/ mars rifle I suspect so as that seems to be the way things are going only price seems to be the limiting factor at present as although Bobs gun has come down its still darn expensive.
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#22 Post by Sixshot6 »

Rburro2 wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:
HALODIN wrote:"Is it AR based" - Yes AFAIK.
"how long has Paul been working on it?" - No idea he hasn't said.
"only got an answer phone Is that normal or did I contact them in the wrong way" - Yes he's a busy man, so try an e-mail as well.
ok, its just at the time I wanted a magpul afg, but ending up using Zahal to get a fab ptk. I didn't realise he got that busy. Next time, it'll be an email then. I just feel an AR15 type might be up my street for the ease of optic mounting and heavier barrels. Any idea if they barrels will be HBAR type at all? Its just I don't think gov or socom profile barrels make much sense in the uk due to them being mostly range guns, even for ipsc a hbar is probably a better option.
If its going to be a bipod queen then go heavy on the barrel but if not and you intend to do more positional/practical shooting then a more standard profile barrel will be lighter. I shot an sgc lever release .223 the other month and although the action will take some getting use to it shot well what I found was that is is rather a heavy girl even with a 14 inch barrel. Is Paul working on lever/ mars rifle I suspect so as that seems to be the way things are going only price seems to be the limiting factor at present as although Bobs gun has come down its still darn expensive.

You're right about the price coming down. Note its been said that it is not a lever release. Its a new action. Also the patent possibly being filed leaves me to think that Paul may have plans to license it. My theory is that with certain US states like New York and Connecticut having the AWB bans they do that a rifle that is nearly semi auto but can still have all the bells and whistles and not be a fixed mag rifle will have some appeal. Did anyone consider that possibility?
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#23 Post by HALODIN »

We're all crying out for a fairly priced interrupted-bolt AR15 platform, let's hope Paul meets our expectations.
Sixshot6 wrote:If its priced at the mars level or cheaper I can see the straight pull market bottoming out by 2017/18. You on the same page as me there? Maybe his system could be applied to LBP's too?
Sixshot6

#24 Post by Sixshot6 »

HALODIN wrote:We're all crying out for a fairly priced interrupted-bolt AR15 platform, let's hope Paul meets our expectations.
Sixshot6 wrote:If its priced at the mars level or cheaper I can see the straight pull market bottoming out by 2017/18. You on the same page as me there? Maybe his system could be applied to LBP's too?
We're doing worse than crying, we are screaming for one :cry: ****

Still does anyone think my last theory holds any water about him considering other markets as well?
Sixshot6

#25 Post by Sixshot6 »

If its cheaper, it will be the continuation of the ultimate real life trolling of Bob Clarke, where he makes something innovative (think the straight pulls with side chargers and lever releases) and then someone with better customer service and or price emerges and out does him.
Rburro2
Home club or Range: Uttoxeter rifle club

#26 Post by Rburro2 »

Or could it be called competition
Sixshot6

#27 Post by Sixshot6 »

Rburro2 wrote:Or could it be called competition
True, Capitalism and the Free Market rearing their heads. We could be onto something here. So a 223/5.56 receiver could also have 300 black, 300 whisper, 5.45x39 (since that cheap steel core is no long going to the us it might be worth a look). What other caliber options for an AR10 would people plump for? 6.5 creedmoor comes to my mind.
SevenSixTwo

#28 Post by SevenSixTwo »

As I understand it, for this 'system' to be legal (accepted by the State) it needs to have dedicated, paired receivers (that don't fit with anything else).

It'll be as close as we'll ever get to semi-auto.
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
Sixshot6

#29 Post by Sixshot6 »

SevenSixTwo wrote:As I understand it, for this 'system' to be legal (accepted by the State) it needs to have dedicated, paired receivers (that don't fit with anything else).

It'll be as close as we'll ever get to semi-auto.
So that means the lowers and possibly uppers will be proprietary then? That is fine. If it comes out at the price of the vz58 mars or cheaper, he's onto a winner (I know Lantac have made some daftly expensive stuff at times, but that seems to be when paired with expensive optics). One thing I can suggest if anyone talks to Paul is another caliber option and would work out cheaper than blackout/aac is a 7.62x39 AR. I know they need special mags like the ones asc use, but the round does the 300 blackout job and for cheaper.

It sounds good still. I still think his patent is for reasons other than keeping it to Lantacs self. I suspect some licensing may happen in the future. Plus it won't be the first AR besides the lever release to have its own upper and lower than were standard. The Troy Pump AR has its own lower and upper. They take AR mags, triggers and mag releases but that is it. One more thing. for the lefties the ability to take ambi mag releases is a big seller (it is for me).
Sixshot6

#30 Post by Sixshot6 »

Say, when is the next big shooting show in the uk? Anybody think that might be when Paul unveils it?