Pimping the BR99

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
phaedra1106

Re: Pimping the BR99

#21 Post by phaedra1106 »

Would definitely be interested, AR15 stock and free fall mags, what's not to like :good:
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Ovenpaa

#22 Post by Ovenpaa »

I spent most of the afternoon on this and I would expect them to be around £285.00-£300 finished in satin black anodised finish, based on a run of 12 lowers. Material would be 7075T6 billet and this would include a stainless feed ramp to replace the original plastic version.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
techguy

#23 Post by techguy »

I'm in for that price!
Dangermouse

#24 Post by Dangermouse »

That is a fantastic price, have you considered a rear take down pin or would the design still require the stock to be removed to strip?

Are we worried about over all length if it is the latter?

DM
Ovenpaa

#25 Post by Ovenpaa »

It would be a standard strip without take down pin as I do not want modify the upper receiver however it should be possible to build the lower to tube interface in such a way that is is relatively easy to field strip, eg a simple hand tool such as a 5mm hex key.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
phaedra1106

#26 Post by phaedra1106 »

So, would you be able to supply the whole thing ready fitted, ie. Bora 99 + lower and stock and a couple of mags?
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Thorney

#27 Post by Thorney »

I'd be up for one.

Still having issues with the 10 Bora mags
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#28 Post by Blackstuff »

I'm also in :cheers:

Questions;

1/ Mil-spec buffer tube or commercial? Annoyingly there are 2 different width buffer tubes. I don't know enough about them to be able to suggest either one i.e. Which companies offer which stocks to fit which tubes, are there any advantages/disadvantages between the two, etc etc

2/ Are you planning on putting a channel down the back of the magwell which would allow the magazine tab to fit/slide without resistance? If so, how would you get around (literally) the bolt hold open spring? Shorter spring in shallower pocket?

3/ Any thoughts on markings on the lower? I'd love to see a Union flag on it. And how about a big SS (for Shooting Shed)? Obviously the font would need to be significantly different to the Nazi SS's :o :lol:

4/ Can i have lower #01 if i shamelessly plug your lowers and business on the PSG circuit? :grin: And i'm only HALF joking.... O:-)
DVC
Ovenpaa

#29 Post by Ovenpaa »

phaedra1106 wrote:So, would you be able to supply the whole thing ready fitted, ie. Bora 99 + lower and stock and a couple of mags?
Yes I can do that.
/d

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#30 Post by Ovenpaa »

Blackstuff wrote:I'm also in :cheers:

Questions;

1/ Mil-spec buffer tube or commercial? Annoyingly there are 2 different width buffer tubes. I don't know enough about them to be able to suggest either one i.e. Which companies offer which stocks to fit which tubes, are there any advantages/disadvantages between the two, etc etc

2/ Are you planning on putting a channel down the back of the magwell which would allow the magazine tab to fit/slide without resistance? If so, how would you get around (literally) the bolt hold open spring? Shorter spring in shallower pocket?

3/ Any thoughts on markings on the lower? I'd love to see a Union flag on it. And how about a big SS (for Shooting Shed)? Obviously the font would need to be significantly different to the Nazi SS's :o :lol:

4/ Can i have lower #01 if i shamelessly plug your lowers and business on the PSG circuit? :grin: And i'm only HALF joking.... O:-)
I was going to build for the slightly larger commercial sized buffer tube diameter of 1.170" versus 1.140" this does mean military specification stocks will not fit, the alternative is build for mil-spec and have loose fitting commercial spec stocks. I need some guidance on this please as it is easy enough to build for either at the time however it is a PITA to modify at a later date. At least the 1.170" can be reduced in diameter if it is a real problem for someone.

I am undecided on the magwell channel as it makes it non standard to the parts supplied with the BR99, yes it can be changed however it adds cost which might not be acceptable.

Lower, no thoughts on markings, a Union Flag would be a good move and I could add the Shooting SHED logo in relief engraved or laser. We have avoided referring to the SHED as SS for obvious reasons...

Numbering, this is something to look at, the BR99 lowers are numbered to the upper from the factory. The new ones would have a unique numbering sequence and your name is next to the first one!
/d

Shed Journal